IGNORED

Dave Munsie - what he is up to

stirrell

Recently, I got to wondering what Dave Munsie was up to. I would be surprised if someone who had written so many games for the ST wasn't developing for a different platform. It turns out that he is still making games. Currently, he seems focused on Flash games:

http://www.munsiegames.com

Flash games do not hold too much appeal for me, to be honest. But his older venture made a couple games of interest to me for Windows:

http://www.jgoware.com/

I am trying out Retroblast and it is a decent, fun game. The visual style reminds me of Jeff Minter's Tempest 2000 or the screenshots of Geometry Wars (I've never played it). I see he also has an Asteroids pack. I loved Asteroidia for my Falcon back in the day, so I am definitely going to purchase it and support him. He is charging a buck for each.

Just thought some others might be interested in what he was up to.

Scott

was he the same 'munsie' that did 'munsiepede' on the A8...he obviously graduated to the ST etc machines

Think Berzerk!.... Love it on my ST's, and even the Falcon. :)

Audio clues:

Get the Humanoid! The Humanoid must not escape!

:D

Soz, must be a different 'munsie' then

was he the same 'munsie' that did 'munsiepede' on the A8...he obviously graduated to the ST etc machines

Think Berzerk!.... Love it on my ST's, and even the Falcon. :)

Audio clues:

Get the Humanoid! The Humanoid must not escape!

:D

Soz, must be a different 'munsie' then

No, it still could be - the man has done a lot of things. :)

This is from 8bitrocket:

http://www.8bitrocket.com/newsdisplay.aspx?newspage=27018

"Dave Munsie:

I did some early stuff on the Atari 8bits. I coded a drum machine on the Atari 8bit that has digitized images of myself hitting the drums. It was marketed by a small (1 employee) company called "ReeveSoft". Hiliarious if you ever get a chance to see it. :)"

So I dunno...

I think we'll just stick with the ST things as this is the ST place, not actually seen any of his st things as I guess no one converted them to emulator format

I found him a while back, the site listed all his ST stuff. Tried to contact him to see if he'd give it all to public domain or whatever, but I never got a reply.

Edited by lp060

I think we'll just stick with the ST things as this is the ST place, not actually seen any of his st things as I guess no one converted them to emulator format

I found him a while back, the site listed all his ST stuff. Tried to contact him to see if he'd give it all to public domain or whatever, but I never got a reply.

I emailed Dave a while ago just to let him know how much I enjoyed playing his games. He mentioned that he had all of his games on his STE hard drive and would eventually release them.

I would love to get the registered version of Kid Kong with Mario as the character you controlled.