IGNORED

Albert on NPR's "Morning Edition"!

Room 34

WTF?! uhh.. Did he just insinuate that the old Atari games didn't require quick reflexes? So yeah you need those 12 year old reflexes in those modern games such as Metal Gear and Final Fantasy but at least Albert can go back to those comfy OLD GEEZER games where his creaky reflexes and skills would be more at home. Now excuse me while I play a relaxing game of KABOOM. :roll:

Yeah, I was a little thrown off by that question also, and wasn't quite sure what to make of it. There certainly don't seem to be as many games today where quick reflexes are as important as they were in many 2600 games. Certainly there are genres today where they're important, like with first person shooters and fighting games. But I can think of many pure "twitch" games (like your example of Kaboom! above) that really require you to have exceptional reflexes to do well. You really need to be in a zone to get far in Kaboom!

..Al

Looks good! One thing I noticed when reading that is that I said "you know" too many times. Especially in that one paragraph where I was answering the question, "Now, who's looking for these old games, and why?" It's almost painful to read.  

Actually you did great. If I had been the interviewee, I'm sure I would have said "um" about a thousand times! :)

Al .. I just want to go on record by saying I can whip my 12 year old nephew at any "old" Atari game. Slow reflexes .. Naah!

Also might I report that I sent a Vectrex with Chris Tumber's Omega Chase to my other 15 year old nephew for Christmas last year! The response that his friends gave when playing Minestorm and Omega Chase .. "I thought I was good at video games!" :D

That says alot about modern gaming ... :)

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA