IGNORED

Some Activision prototypes

malducci

I'm assuming these are prototypes from what I've seen of the same pics from a google search.

2600 carts:

Pressure Cooker

AZ-032

Space Shuttle

A Journey Into Space

AZ-033

Both carts have the Activision logo molded into the back of the cart. A solid purple-ish shiny blank label, with a white rectangle paper label/sticker with printed characters.

5200 carts:

Pitfall II

VS-008

H.E.R.O

VS-005

Keystone Kapers

VS-004

Zenii (yes, two i's)

VS-007

Carts *don't* have the Activision logo molded on the back of the carts. The labels are also solid and shiny/blank like the 2600 carts but are red, with printed paper labels/stickers.

So these are in fact prototypes? Should I provide some pics to go along with the description? The reason I'm asking is that I'm most likely going to put them up for sale (out of work for medical reasons, need to pay bills <- yeah, I'm that guy :( ). I hate to sell them as I've never owned a prototype cart before, but priorities fall in line. So anyway, I want to make sure I have the correct description of them before posting about them for sale.

Thanks,

Tom

Ok, I took a pic of the set. <pics>

I see 4 Atari 2600 protos and 2 Colecovision protos, all look real.

But I must ask, what is it with the white-board with the 6502 code snippets on it? :ponder:

Wait. Four 2600 carts? Now I'm confused (and embarrassed). :(

Ignore the white dry/erase board. It's just easier to take pics on ;)

What's with the code on the board?

Just some PC-Engine code I was working on a couple of months back.

So the red label carts are Colecovision? I haven't seen Coleco or 5200 carts for over 20 years. I saw a post/forum describing the same proto carts as 5200, so I just assumed.

Just some PC-Engine code I was working on a couple of months back.

So the red label carts are Colecovision? I haven't seen Coleco or 5200 carts for over 20 years. I saw a post/forum describing the same proto carts as 5200, so I just assumed.

Yes, look at the edges on the bottom of the cart, they are slanted.

Atari 5200 carts are much much bigger.

I saw from another thread on these forums, what the edge connector for Colecovision carts looks like. Sure enough, it's the same format as on these 4 carts.

Thank you for the help :D

Another quick question about the 2600 carts. The PCB edge connector of one is slightly different from the other one. On Space Shuttle, the exposed board itself is very bright/bleached white (about 1/4 up from that, it has the typical green coating) and the edge of the PCB connector is slightly rounded. On the other carts, the edge connector has complete sharp/square edges and the PCB is.. normal(?). Not bleached/bright white. Just the normal gray-ish/dirty white and of course the normal green coating right past the connectors. I thought that was strange, being that they were both activision proto carts and from the same year. Or is that nothing out of the ordinary?

PS: I haven't taken the carts apart as I don't want to ruin the label. I'll let whoever wants to buy them decide if they want to do that or not.

• 4 months later...

Actually, I think it's 4 Colecovision and 2 Atari 2600 protos, now that I look again.

looks like 5 colecovision and 1 2600 to me. :?

What?

the carts

I know, I'd just like to know how you came to that conclusion. If you dont know, I'll be glad to explain it to you. The atari carts have labels that stretch to the end of the cart, and the colecovision labels stop about 4/5 of the way down.

Edited by brandondwright

Actually, I think it's 4 Colecovision and 2 Atari 2600 protos, now that I look again.

looks like 5 colecovision and 1 2600 to me. :?

What?

the carts

I know, I'd just like to know how you came to that conclusion. If you dont know, I'll be glad to explain it to you. The atari carts have labels that stretch to the end of the cart, and the colecovision labels stop about 4/5 of the way down.

oh yeah my bad forgot bout the labels since i dont use my cv much.