IGNORED

SEARS VIDEO ARCADE II CONSOLE

chriswhit

Why yes, it is a 2600. It is pretty much the Sears version of the JR. model.

No it's not a rebranded 2600jr, rather it's the domestic (Sears branded) version of the Atari 2800 that was marketed in Japan. The shell was later reused, with a few minor changes, for the Atari 7800.

Since they're very hard to find, the price seems okay.

No it's not a rebranded 2600jr, rather it's the domestic (Sears branded) version of the Atari 2800 that was marketed in Japan. The shell was later reused, with a few minor changes, for the Atari 7800.

O_RLY.jpg

How about that. Thanks for correcting me.

Edited by brandondwright

O_RLY.jpg

How about that. Thanks for correcting me.

No problem. ;)

FWIW Sears never sold a telegames 2600jr.

I see two on chuck $8 broken, $18 no cords. If anyone wants one with power, video, one controller (original matching Sears VAII) and a few commons for $30 PM me.

AX

I bought one from AX last year, really happy with it. If you want one you should definitely buy one from Ax, great bloke to deal with.

The SVAII looks great next to my NTSC,PAL and SECAM 7800s:D

so this item plays 2800 games? will it play 2600 to? Never heard of a 2800 and only found info an the jap model on line

I have a similar questions I have heard and seem games being sold for the Atari 2800, I have wondered if it was something specific to that console.

-Disjuakifa

so this item plays 2800 games? will it play 2600 to? Never heard of a 2800 and only found info an the jap model on line

I have a similar questions I have heard and seem games being sold for the Atari 2800, I have wondered if it was something specific to that console.

-Disjuakifa

The 2800 is a 2600 with cosmetic changes (which is what the Sears Video Arcade II is) that was marketed in Japan. The games are the same as the 2600, but the labels, manuals and packaging are in Japanese.

-Disjuakifa

The 2800 is a 2600 with cosmetic changes (which is what the Sears Video Arcade II is) that was marketed in Japan. The games are the same as the 2600, but the labels, manuals and packaging are in Japanese.

Ahhh ok, that is what I thought but I just wanted someone else to confirm that for me!!!

Thanks!

-Disjaukifa

I have one, and it's my favorite console. Got the box too. Picked it up this year.

I think it's the best of the Atari clones. :)

I don't think it's a clone, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Atari licensed out the atari design for Sears branding . . . right?

-Disjaukifa

I'm not sure about the official terminology, but I always consider anything without the Atari logo, not a true Atari, and therefore a clone. :)

Just my personal view.

;) It has the Atari Logo on the motherboard... the console, and shell were manufactured and designed in house at Atari.

AX

I now resend my comment..... It's my favorite Atari console. Truth be told, I like how it's designed more than the 5200 and the 7800, and even the Jr. :)