IGNORED

3D dot game heroes

xg4bx

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it got an 8.5 from ign.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1084269p1.html

"3D Dot Game Heroes' goofy, often self-referential humor is a major part of its appeal. "Experienced" gamers will not only catch the many allusions to Zelda but also humorous references to Mega Man, Bionic Commando, Final Fantasy and even Demon's Souls. Ironic uses of Engrish, jabs at game development and scatological jokes are all part of 3D Dot Game Heroes' celebration of gaming kitsch and geekdom in general."

"you can easily spend 20 hours fully exploring 3D Dot Game Heroes or zip through the seven dungeons in less than half that. My final hour count was in the high 20s, and I was still puzzled over several lose ends at the end of my first playthrough. You can start a New Game + (or "second quest") once you beat the game and your Small Blocks, money and a few other items carry over into the next game."

i can't wait!

• 4 weeks later...

it got an 8.5 from ign.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1084269p1.html

"3D Dot Game Heroes' goofy, often self-referential humor is a major part of its appeal. "Experienced" gamers will not only catch the many allusions to Zelda but also humorous references to Mega Man, Bionic Commando, Final Fantasy and even Demon's Souls. Ironic uses of Engrish, jabs at game development and scatological jokes are all part of 3D Dot Game Heroes' celebration of gaming kitsch and geekdom in general."

"you can easily spend 20 hours fully exploring 3D Dot Game Heroes or zip through the seven dungeons in less than half that. My final hour count was in the high 20s, and I was still puzzled over several lose ends at the end of my first playthrough. You can start a New Game + (or "second quest") once you beat the game and your Small Blocks, money and a few other items carry over into the next game."

i can't wait!

This sounds great. :)

I'll be getting it eventually.

Well, so far so good... and I haven't even started the game! Haha. I just spent about 4 hours in the character creator making a character. I must say, I'm very impressed with my work. So far this is pretty addicting. I love the stock character descriptions, too!

So I got this game two days ago, and it's everything I hoped it would be and more. Dear God this is the game I've been waiting for.

Yea I hear you, I'm loving it. I love the negative reviews... "At times I had no idea what to do next", "the music was extremely repetitive", "there's nothing innovative about the gameplay. It's all what's been done in the past".

Seriously, do people understand the point of this game at all? Apparently the graphics weren't a big enough clue to show people this is a big love letter to old gaming and EVERYTHING it was about. Half the time I didn't know where to go in the first Zelda either, but I didn't complain. It sure beats modern games were 3/4 of the game feels like a hand held tutorial.

it took me longer to find and navigate the 3rd temple than it did for me to beat entire games this gen...and i still haven't even beaten the boss yet. this is an absolute steal at $40.

i hope it sells well enough to justify the creation of something like 3d dot platformer or 3d dot side scrolling shooter.

• 4 months later...

I admit I am tempted to get 3D Dot Game Heroes if only to make my character one big yellow cube. To heck with these kids making themselves into Link, I want to be the square from Adventure! :cool:

I just thought I'd update you guys on my Adventure guy for 3D Dot Game Heroes. I know I made the sword out of too many pixels but this makes it look more hefty than a single line of dots.

dotgame4.JPG

And from the creator preview screen...

dotgame1.JPG

I tried...i tried so very hard to like this game :( I loved the character selection the pre made characters are awesome (I chose the Shark for the "Landshark!" effect and got about 50% through the game and that was by literally forcing myself to play it. The game just would not hold my interest long I wound up trading it and a few other games in on Red Dead Redemption and Sega Genesis Ultimate collection and Capcom Classics remixed for the PSP.

This game had all the right elements:

Interesting pre-made characters

Cool music

Funny references to other games

Great graphics (they were well done and executed well)

Awesome sword

But this game just didn't click for me :(