IGNORED

Ultrasatan arrived

I know, I was waiting for that but no sign of it yet. However, here's what I did to get it working (using TOS 2.06)

Yes, I used that same IDE driver/BigDOS solution for some time without issue before getting HDDRIVER. As long as folks keep the TOS version limitations in mind, it makes for a cheap and easy FAT PC/ST card setup. ;)

Can someone point me to where I can get BigDOS?

Also - I img'd a 32mb SD card from the other site and WinXP asks if I want to format the card - is it only readable after the ST writes data to these images?

Hmm, I just used MugUK's guide and I had no problem at all setting up 1 gig SD cards,

winding up with 512megs and 1 partition for swapping between my ST and Windows machines.

Works great for me.

Also - I img'd a 32mb SD card from the other site and WinXP asks if I want to format the card - is it only readable after the ST writes data to these images?

Hmm, I just used MugUK's guide and I had no problem at all setting up 1 gig SD cards,

winding up with 512megs and 1 partition for swapping between my ST and Windows machines.

Works great for me.

This is with HDDRIVER correct?

Works great for me.

This is with HDDRIVER correct?

Yep, sorry - forgot to mention that.

It's linked in post #35 in this thread.

Ok thanks - I see it now.

Just to be 100% clear. To get the SD card to work with TOS/DOS you need to use HDDRIVER - ICD PRO wont work moving the SD card between PC and ST correct?

Just to be 100% clear. To get the SD card to work with TOS/DOS you need to use HDDRIVER - ICD PRO wont work moving the SD card between PC and ST correct?

That is correct, at least for the moment. Some folks are working on creating an image file of a card formatted and partitioned with HDDriver's TOD/DOS mode that can be read by the ICD driver.

In the mean-time, if you want a PC and Atari compatible card, you can use Ppera's method here (scroll down for info on how to get XP to recognise partitions, the under that is the link to the driver). Pros: Windows can read all the partitions on the card. Cons: Limited to <1gb, Driver only recognises first card.

• 2 weeks later...