IGNORED

Ballblazer-SIO2PC-NTSC/PAL

SnapCraft

OK, so I'm pretty good with classic computers, see if I'm right with this one.

I got my USB to SIO connection for my Atari 800 (48k). Everything is going great. I can't write to the PC from the Atari, but I guess you need the expensive registered version (!) for that. And you can only copy from .atr files too.

OK, so far so good. However when I got to my favorite game, Ballblazer, it started crapping out about 1 minute in the game play. The grid on the floor has waves, the ball, goal and the player are floating around. I tried several versions of it and they all did the same thing. Thinking it was my Atari 800, I wanted to try to disprove it by replicating it on Atari800Win Plus. I was, using NTSC mode.

Noticing how my favorite site for warezzz (Homesoft's) all seem to have a German (?) title screen I was able to put 2 and 2 together.

Any NTSC >DISK< images of Ballblazer out there? It just ain't the same with a D-pad and an emulator going for a off-the-screen 3-pointer.

Also, what versions of DOS are you using? My set-up: Atari 800 with Atari 1050 disk drive. I've only been able to communicate with the PC with SmartDOS 6.1D. I'm having troubles with changing the density.

Thanks again,