IGNORED

ClassicVGM issue 2 (Update)

Just an update on ClassicVGM issue number 2. It has been very busy here filling pre-orders, subscriptions, and retail orders. While going through this process, we discovered that at least 100 issues were defect. By defective, I mean the issues were either missing pages, had blank pages, or the pages were in the wrong order. We have contacted the company that prints the issues for us and they are replacing the defective ones.

I deeply apologize for the delay this will cause for some of our pre-order and subscription customers. We'd be happy to offer some form of restitution for the delay. We are in the process of re-printing issue number 1 and we would more than happy to offer a discount on the cover price to make up for this delay. Once you have received your issue, please contact me with proof of purchase and please reference this thread.

I have included a picture of a defective issue to illustrate the problem:

issue2.JPG

Edited by STGuy1040

Oh, the third-party woes. I know all about it, worked for a place that had things printed somewhere else, and they were continually messing things up like that.

Hopefully the new copies will be right, and get to you quick-- their reputation as a printer is on the line, and I'd be miffed, too if it was me.

Can't wait to see this issue!! I'm chomping at the bit over here. :D

Oh, the third-party woes. I know all about it, worked for a place that had things printed somewhere else, and they were continually messing things up like that.

Hopefully the new copies will be right, and get to you quick-- their reputation as a printer is on the line, and I'd be miffed, too if it was me.

Can't wait to see this issue!! I'm chomping at the bit over here. :D

You're not the only one chomping at the bit. :D

I will be in contact with them again tomorrow regarding this matter. The other issues turned out fine so I have no idea how this happened. They're generally really good so this is perplexing!

Oh man. What a bummer!

Hey, if it helps, send my copy to somebody who is really itching for it, and I'll gladly wait! Maybe that happens anyway, I don't know, but thought I would toss that out there.

Maybe it's a one time hose up.

The company did well during the first issue so I believe it was a one time mistake. My wife and I run quality control on the issues as we unpack each box (that is how we found the defective issues). I am very particular about such things. The issues that were already shipped, or in the process of being shipped, are fine and are not affected by this problem.

However, the hundred or so people who these issues belong to will experience a slight delay as they are trashed and re-printed.

The defective issues may become rare/valuable/collectible someday. ;) You sent ALL of them back? :P

LOL They told me to keep the issues so I decided to place them in storage. They have already re-printed the issues and they're on their way via UPS.

Edit: I don't see why anyone would want an issue with missing pages and / or mixed up page numbers. :cool:

Edited by STGuy1040

Just an update on ClassicVGM issue number 2. It has been very busy here filling pre-orders, subscriptions, and retail orders. While going through this process, we discovered that at least 100 issues were defect. By defective, I mean the issues were either missing pages, had blank pages, or the pages were in the wrong order. We have contacted the company that prints the issues for us and they are replacing the defective ones.

I deeply apologize for the delay this will cause for some of our pre-order and subscription customers. We'd be happy to offer some form of restitution for the delay. We are in the process of re-printing issue number 1 and we would more than happy to offer a discount on the cover price to make up for this delay. Once you have received your issue, please contact me with proof of purchase and please reference this thread.

I have included a picture of a defective issue to illustrate the problem:

issue2.JPG

Lets hope you are not using the same printer I was using. I had used the same printer for 5 consecutive issues without a problem. Then on the 6th order not only was I short pages, but I was also short over 100 copies of the magazine. And all they would do is give me a credit on the next order.

I changed printers after that.

Good Luck and congratulations on issue #2.

Thomas Sansone

VideoGameTrader.com

Just wanted to let you know that the second issue is a resounding success! :thumbsup: My wife had to referee the argument between my daughter and I when I got it out of the mail box!! ;)

Thanks!

Jason

:thumbsup: :cool:

We're happy to hear your family enjoyed the second issue! ClassicVGM issue 3 will be arriving soon enough. :)

The defective issues may become rare/valuable/collectible someday. ;) You sent ALL of them back? :P

LOL They told me to keep the issues so I decided to place them in storage. They have already re-printed the issues and they're on their way via UPS.

Edit: I don't see why anyone would want an issue with missing pages and / or mixed up page numbers. :cool:

you never know mike.

I use to subscribe to a comic book company and I happen to get a couple issues of hong kong phooey

that has a double cover.

I can attest to people wanting error issues quite well.  Hold onto those issues (maybe see if there is enough interest and have a contest to get some out in circulation).

Yeah, ya never know, we may become as popular as Retro Gamer in time. ;)

Hey Carl! Haven't talked to ya for awhile. Haven't forgotten about ya. ;) How is everything with the new site? I've been so busy lately. I've become hopelessly addicted to Craigslist! Buying too much stuff, and selling too much stuff.. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Mine just arrived. Perfect too. I had no Internet this morning. (car wreck) Anyway, I read it over a cup of joe, and I just want to say thanks to everyone who contributed.

I know my contribution is in there, but here's the thing: It's really kind of special when checking out all the other stuff is way more fun than the little thrill one gets seeing their own words in print. I enjoyed this issue a lot. Seems downright huge compared to the first one. Let's hope this is a trend :)

This issue, like the last, goes to the office where a bunch of 30 and 40 somethings will check it out. (hope I get it back...)