IGNORED

Will this programmer work?

endrien

I looked at the device list and searched for "2732". That only nets two results:

AMD: 2732B

Generic: 2732B

That doesn't look very promising to me, as 2732 and 2732A parts are much more common. Not sure what the difference is with the 2732B, presumably the programming voltage/speed. I also see 27C32 parts listed, but I rarely come across those.

..Al

I looked at the device list and searched for "2732". That only nets two results:

AMD: 2732B

Generic: 2732B

That doesn't look very promising to me, as 2732 and 2732A parts are much more common. Not sure what the difference is with the 2732B, presumably the programming voltage/speed. I also see 27C32 parts listed, but I rarely come across those.

..Al

Look at the device list from their actual website:

http://www.weilei.com/VP-280list.htm

Look at the device list from their actual website:

http://www.weilei.com/VP-280list.htm

That's much more complete. Should be fine. :)

..Al

My concern is another user states:

Short story NO. This is based off the Willem programmer design based on the specs. They will READ 2732s, 2532s, 2716s, etc. but they are very, very, very unreliable when it comes to programming them. They just don't have enough power to do it.

This has been discussed at length, just search for Willem programers and you will see.

Save your money and buy a decent programmer. BP Micro 1100 series programmers come up on EBay and EBay.Ca all the time. They will do the job. Willems will work on CMOS EPROMs but when it comes to the old NMOS technology, you might as well program it with a hammer.