IGNORED

A "How to win at 7800 games"

Atarifever

I recently picked up "How to win at Nintendo games" vols 1-3. Reading through them got me thinking a similar 7800 version would be pretty cool. For anyone who hasn't seen one before, it's a novel sized book of a couple hundred pages with no pictures. The authour gives a short description of each game, beginner strategies and advanced startegies, and then a review rating.

For the "finishable" games, the authour usually gives a walkthrough of some tricky parts of the first couple levels as "beginner strategy" and help for later levels as "advanced strategy."

I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in something like this (in electronic form of course, as no one would be printing it out). I was thinking the whole community here could get something together that could be downloaded and used by anyone interested. I figure anyone with any particular ability with any game could do one game.

I, for example, would be willing to do a Super Huey entry. I already have something like this for Super Huey for an article I never got around to submitting for Vinnie's 7800 Froo Froo. I can work it into this format and explain how to finish the game.

I am pretty sure one of these already exists for Karateka in Vinnie's files as well. Anyone think this would be a worthwhile project?

Also, if anyone is interested, in the first "How to Win at Nintendo Games" the authour makes recommendations on if the NES Advantage is any help. I think for the 7800, if possible, a recomendation of 2600 stick, proline, or Joypad would be very nice.

Sorry guys, but I'm not planning to print this because: A) even by our standards in the Atari community, this would be very, very niche. B) I have no money to invest in a project like this, and I doubt many other people do either. C)I don't want to charge anyone for something I'd like them to have for free. D) Anyone with electronic book readers that allow for download of all formats would be able to grab this if they really want a "bring around with you" copy.

Again, I'm asking if anyone would be interested in helping to make something like this. Say, doing the entry for one game.

Sorry guys, but I'm not planning to print this because: A) even by our standards in the Atari community, this would be very, very niche. B) I have no money to invest in a project like this, and I doubt many other people do either. C)I don't want to charge anyone for something I'd like them to have for free. D) Anyone with electronic book readers that allow for download of all formats would be able to grab this if they really want a "bring around with you" copy.

Again, I'm asking if anyone would be interested in helping to make something like this. Say, doing the entry for one game.

I may be able to help with an entry or two since I'm mapping out 7800 games randomly anyway.

For the printing issue, I'd say focus on the electronic version. If we get it all done up perfectly and it looks like it might make a good print version at the end of the day, that could easily be a project for someone else who has the time and money. :)