IGNORED

7800 glitch

chriswhit

I dug out my 7800 after modding my supercharger the other day and to my surprise it fired right up after sitting since 1989. at first all was well. Today I popped ms packman in (the 7800 version). It worked ok till I got a call and let it run the demo screen for about 10 minutes. I pressed the fire button to start a game and noticed that it started on level 8 and the stick wouldn't respond. after I died due to no stick function the controller worked normal till i died again, and on the next life no stick function again. I decided to shut it down and fire it back up to see if it did anything different. Everything was normal after that till I went to the bathroom with the demo screen running. Then the same thing all over again. I have a custom arcade stick I built because I don't have any real 7800 controllers. Could it be the controller or is there a problem with my console? I haven't cleaned the system since new but other than that issue it works great. Ant info would be great as I don't dare to run anything rare in it out of fear it may damage something. thanks

Not sure if this applies here but,I've seen numerous members here at AA with similar problems.Some 7800 games will NOT work with 3rd party controllers.Midnight Mutants is the best example.Lots have gotten MM and got nothing but a black screen.All have replaced their 3rd party controller with the pro-line,like i suggested, and VOILA!game now works.This advice has helped many get their game running,good luck! :)

Edited by Rik

Not sure if this applies here but,I've seen numerous members here at AA with similar problems.Some 7800 games will NOT work with 3rd party controllers.Midnight Mutants is the best example.Lots have gotten MM and got nothing but a black screen.All have replaced their 3rd party controller with the pro-line,like i suggested, and VOILA!game now works.This advice has helped many get their game running,good luck! :)

I'm using a home made controller with arcade parts. I used 2 620 ohm resisters but noticed stock controllers have a black item that looks similar to a resister on the ground wire and I don't know what it is though. come to think of it the new controller is what I've been using while experiencing this issue. Another issue I just noticed in 7800 ms packman when I get to a corner ms packman freezes for a second which is annoying. I don't have the issue with any of the 2600 versions with the same system and controller. Is that normal in the 7800 version?