IGNORED

Legal help with original source code needed

Cybergoth

Hi there!

Please help me with these questions:

Assuming I was offered the original source of an Epyx game, could publishing this online possibly cause any severe legal troubles for me or the author?

How long is an NDA valid?

Is an NDA still valid, after the company who requested it was bought by another comapny?

Are there exceptions like publishing 15+ year old sources for "studying purposes" only?

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

Please help me with these questions:

Assuming I was offered the original source of an Epyx game, could publishing this online possibly cause any severe legal troubles for me or the author?

How long is an NDA valid?

Is an NDA still valid, after the company who requested it was bought by another comapny?

Are there exceptions like publishing 15+ year old sources for "studying purposes" only?

Greetings,

Manuel

Talk to a lawyer. You will need a copy of the NDA and you'll want to find out who owns the copyright on the source. NDA's are usually limited to a specific time-frame (like 1 year after leaving the company).

If Epyx was bought by another company, then it is likely that they own the Copyright to that source code. If that is true, you could get in legal trouble for publishing it, no matter what your justification is.

Hi there!

If I understood what you said, then even though any NDA probably expired years ago, the source might still be copyrighted, thus making it available to the public would violate this copyright.

Ok, so I'm gonna speak with the copyright holder.

BTW: Epyx is owned by a company called "Alpha Omega Publications", not Infrogrames.

Greetings,

Manuel