IGNORED

Castlevania - Season 4 Week 24

vdub_bobby

I managed to roll it

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

I guess that means 11 pts for you this week ;) - your tips are really very solid and helpful. One minor complaint, though:

Please stop calling the boomerang "the cross" :P it's confusing as there's already a cross (which clears the screen of enemies)

It certainly doesn't look like a cross to me, but that's what they called it. I've never seen a cross sit kinda sideways with all four parts the same length. Then again, the pentagrams in SotN don't look like pentagrams, either. They are actually hexagrams with six points on the star instead of five.

Use the cross item crash in Rondo of Blood or DXC, though, and what appears does look more convincing.

Edited by shadow460

Final score: 1,292,420. Progress: Died halfway through the third castle at the Mummies. The Stage counter says 47. I never got hung up on anything here. I think the most times it took me to defeat any boss was four, and that was Death on the first go around.

This is the second HSC I have rolled this week (Megamania was the first). This is also my best performance with Castlevania--ever.

After you take that long plunge, cross the water, and then pass the outside area with the birds, bats, and flea men, that's where the difficulty maxes out. The next two levels are exactly like they are in the first caslte.

post-7210-125624695921_thumb.jpeg

I don't have very many NES games, let alone ones that I'm good at.

Here's the short list of what I'm really spectacular at:

Castlevania 1

SMB 2 US version

Super Sprint

Skull & Crossbones

Wizards & Warriors

Willow

RoboCop

Ghostbusters II

Burai Fighter

Duck Hunt

I can back up any and all smack that I talk on any of those. The other gazillion NES games? Well...those are another matter entirely...

I can hold my own with several others, including Rad Racer, SMB 1, and Hogan's Alley, but I probably would not win the HSC week on them.

I made another try last night, but had a terrible game. This is the Castlevania I remember.

I died *twice* on the 2nd level. One was a classic medusa-head-knocks-me-into-pit maneuver. Oh how I used to lose my temper at that exact spot...

Then I died 2 or 3 more times on the 3rd level, ending my game.

I don't remember why, but I got to the mummies with 1 hp left and no way to hit them from above. So I died.

Starting a new guy at the end of level 3 sucks. It's very hard to deal with the fireball statue things without a long whip. I got back to the boss another time but didn't have enough health or weapon to win.

I made another try last night, but had a terrible game. This is the Castlevania I remember.

I died *twice* on the 2nd level. One was a classic medusa-head-knocks-me-into-pit maneuver. Oh how I used to lose my temper at that exact spot...

Then I died 2 or 3 more times on the 3rd level, ending my game.

I don't remember why, but I got to the mummies with 1 hp left and no way to hit them from above. So I died.

Starting a new guy at the end of level 3 sucks. It's very hard to deal with the fireball statue things without a long whip. I got back to the boss another time but didn't have enough health or weapon to win.

I know exactly what you're talking about.

I tried to get a better score as well, but somehow I didn't even manage to reach my old highscore again. And it took me like a dozen tries - and also some extensive pauses because the frustration was going to kill me - to even get back to being able to beat the Mummies.

So my score is final, too.

But I guess I'm now hooked on Castlevania ;)

Edited by Herbarius