IGNORED

Another NES Competition cart goes for wild money!

homerwannabee

Definitely would be nice to stumble upon a NES Competition cart. First the NWC Gold cart goes for $17,500 a few months ago, and now the NES College campus cart goes for more money $20,100! That's more than I make in a year!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Nintendo-Campus-Challenge-1991-NES-World-Championships_W0QQitemZ370266968824QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5635a192f8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Edited by homerwannabee

Definitely would be nice to stumble upon a NES Competition cart. First the NWC Gold cart goes for $17,500 a few months ago, and now the NES College campus cart goes for more money $20,100! That's more than I make in a year!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Nintendo-Campus-Challenge-1991-NES-World-Championships_W0QQitemZ370266968824QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5635a192f8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

You seriously don't make at least $20k a year?

You seriously don't make at least $20k a year?

Homers Broke

pfft i make less than 10k a year. ;) This is just plain stupid people paying this kind of money for a friggen video game. I don't care how rare it is.

Lets put this in perspective. Sure its a lot of money for someone making even under $100,000 per year but if you're a millionaire and a classic gaming collector this is nothing.

I've always said if I was super rich, and being the game collector that I am, not one person on this board would ever win anything atari related on ebay EVER again :P

• 2 weeks later...

Not a surprise it went for that much, but with the repro out there it's kind of pointless to pay that much for it. The difference with this thing is that Nintendo destroyed most of them, so this is probably one of a literal handfull still remaining. Still, if I actually want to play it I'll get the damn repro because (hard for me to see), but it looks to me like you're messing with EPROMs there, so be prepared to find a way to secure the data, otherwise you're going to have a useless piece of plastic and PCB eventually. I just don't see the reason for this sometimes. I understand the rarity and all, but this is just too much. In today's economy that money could have fed a family of four for like a year.

pfft i make less than 10k a year. ;) This is just plain stupid people paying this kind of money for a friggen video game. I don't care how rare it is.

Lets put this in perspective. Sure its a lot of money for someone making even under $100,000 per year but if you're a millionaire and a classic gaming collector this is nothing.

I've always said if I was super rich, and being the game collector that I am, not one person on this board would ever win anything atari related on ebay EVER again :P

Ive have had the same devious thoughts also :D

Not a surprise it went for that much, but with the repro out there it's kind of pointless to pay that much for it. The difference with this thing is that Nintendo destroyed most of them, so this is probably one of a literal handfull still remaining. Still, if I actually want to play it I'll get the damn repro because (hard for me to see), but it looks to me like you're messing with EPROMs there, so be prepared to find a way to secure the data, otherwise you're going to have a useless piece of plastic and PCB eventually. I just don't see the reason for this sometimes. I understand the rarity and all, but this is just too much. In today's economy that money could have fed a family of four for like a year.

At the same time though for those who make tons of cash thats like saying a print of a DaVinci is the same as the original art. Average Joe has to settle for a print, but the rich and the elite get whatever at whatever cost.