IGNORED

C-64 Disk Drive Cable

Tempest

It's generic insofar that it uses easily obtained DIN plugs... but I'm not sure if there's anything else around that uses those same plugs in a 2 * male straight through arrangement.

You could easily enough make your own up... or maybe go one better and just make up some adaptors which just let you use network cable instead.

I just found out that I'm missing the cable for my 1541 disk drive. Is this a generic cable of some sort or a special one? Where is the cheapest place to find one?

Tempest

I'll check my bin of retro crap at the office monday,(there is a large pallet of stuff on a skid on the 3rd level) if I have one it's yours.

Edited by atarian63

I just found out that I'm missing the cable for my 1541 disk drive. Is this a generic cable of some sort or a special one? Where is the cheapest place to find one?

Tempest

I'll check my bin of retro crap at the office monday,(there is a large pallet of stuff on a skid on the 3rd level) if I have one it's yours.

Thanks! I hope the drive works. :) It had the cardboard spacer in it so I'm hopeful that the drive heads didn't get knocked out of alignment after being in storage all these years.

Tempest

Tempest

Thanks! I hope the drive works. :) It had the cardboard spacer in it so I'm hopeful that the drive heads didn't get knocked out of alignment after being in storage all these years.

Tempest

No Problem. I'll check monday and email you monday evening.