IGNORED

FB2 mod help needed...

Hello. Looking for a bit of help with the J3 and J9 jumper issue for my FB2 mod.

I'm not really sure how to wire that part up to a switch to get this to work with the cart mod and then with the on board games.

As of right now, I have the cart mod complete. I really can't tell if it works or not though. When I turn on the screen the Adventure logo pops up. I know I have to do something with this J3 and J9 thing. Yet...being that I'm not an electronics expert... I have no clue what to do when it says to open J3 or to close J9. Can someone draw up a schematic of the switch... label each wire and where I need to put it? Perhaps cartoon bubbles with words of encouragement as well? LOL

I believe this is the revision c FB2 board. But I'm not really sure. It is smaller.. and there is not a black wire going from an IC chip or anything like that.

Any advice on getting this up and running would be great!

Hello. Looking for a bit of help with the J3 and J9 jumper issue for my FB2 mod.

I'm not really sure how to wire that part up to a switch to get this to work with the cart mod and then with the on board games.

As of right now, I have the cart mod complete. I really can't tell if it works or not though. When I turn on the screen the Adventure logo pops up. I know I have to do something with this J3 and J9 thing. Yet...being that I'm not an electronics expert... I have no clue what to do when it says to open J3 or to close J9. Can someone draw up a schematic of the switch... label each wire and where I need to put it? Perhaps cartoon bubbles with words of encouragement as well? LOL

I believe this is the revision c FB2 board. But I'm not really sure. It is smaller.. and there is not a black wire going from an IC chip or anything like that.

Any advice on getting this up and running would be great!

Whell i tried that mod once and ended up never getting it to work then i got a nother

fb II and it worked cause it was differnt model..

as far as open j3 means unhook j3 and close j9 means hook up so on a switch example a button says normaly open means its off untill closed so when you close a circut you complete it and when you open a circut you unhook it so i think it means when j3 is open then j9 shorts to gnd and vise versa so i would just hook up j9 \

look here

http://www.atarimuseum.com/fb2hacks/page2.htm

thats why i used the other version FB II for my mod cause i couldnt figure out j3 or j9.

good luck.

I suggest you put pictures here then for shure someone would know.