IGNORED

5200 Rf-power adapter ?

chriswhit

I don't know about the power adapters, but what I do know, is that their are 2(two) RF's for the the 2 port and 4 port.

The 4 RF is complex, and even though I've heard there not that reliable, mine works fine. And the 4 port RF is ALOT harder to find, if it breaks.

The more simple 2 port RF is more reliable, easier to find a replacement, and the 2 port 5200's use the same RF as the 2600, 7800, and I think Celecovision. I'm not sure if you can use a Jaguar RF.

Edited by segasaturn

Does the 5200 2port and 4 port systems use the same rf and power adapter? How hard are they to get. thanks

No, it is Not the Same, absolutely.

I Own Both Versions of the 5200, the Power Adapter is the Same, but the Four Port Version use a Different Way to Receive the Power, the Power Adaptor Plugs to the RF Switch Unit, while the Two Port Version receives the Power Directly plugged to the 5200 Unit.

In the Four Port Version, it has a Single Wire that Comes from the 5200 Unit to the RF Switch, that RF Switch has the TV Out and the Power Imput Slot to Plug THERE the Power adapter, so the Four Port`s RF Switch Not only Receive the Audio & Video Signal from the 5200 Unit, it also, using a complicated Relay System, Sends the Power Back to the 5200 Unit thru the Same Wire! icon_exclaim.gif

The Two Port Version is more "Standard" `cos you Plug the Power Directly to the 5200 Unit instead to the RF Swich, so it can use a Standard RF Switch.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo