IGNORED

Atari 130XEf?

tjlazer

I have an idea. I was thinking about building an Atari 130XEf. A 130XE in a 1040STf case! With working ST keyboard and a XF551 controller and 3.5" drive on the right side where the ST drive would go. How hard would this be to do???

94217704_06d5338517.jpg

edit - please move this into the 8-bit forum...

Edited by tjlazer

Sounds cool, but you'd have a fair gap where the main part of the ST keyboard was (I'm figuring it'd be easier to just use the 130XE keyboard).

I'd retain the cursor keys... do some tricky wiring so they work as they should.

Maybe even include the F1-F4 keys ala 1200XL (IIRC, Metalguy99 did this on a 130XE).

The numeric pad... ideal space for one of the SIO2SD type devices with LCD display.

Edited by Rybags

This seems like a superb idea. Personally I'd go the whole hog and try to make the whole ST keyboard work: it would be nice to have the numeric keypad double up as the number keys. Why not just put an SIO2SD LCD below the cursor keys? Perhaps make the extra function keys double up as buttons to control the SIO2SD somehow... man, I'd love to see this built! icon_smile.gif My other ST is looking worried...

There would probably be a market out there for a 130XE in an ST case, built in 3.5" floppy, internal hard disk, SIO2SD, 1MB RAM, etc, etc.

Edited by flashjazzcat