IGNORED

Ultravision sure was full of it...

King Atari

You have to wonder where they put out those ads. If they would've gotten larger publication, you'd think the games wouldn't be so rare.

The rarities isn't because of the ads (or lack of them). It was because of the poor distribution of the games. I found my copy of Condor Attack in a little hole in the wall store in NYC totally by luck.

You have to wonder where they put out those ads. If they would've gotten larger publication, you'd think the games wouldn't be so rare.

The rarities isn't because of the ads (or lack of them). It was because of the poor distribution of the games. I found my copy of Condor Attack in a little hole in the wall store in NYC totally by luck.

Forgot about that, but even then, if people wanted them, wouldn't they have called all over for them? But again, probably nobody had them.

Just asking, but how much did it cost you?

I passed by the offices where Ultravision used to be. It seems that there are 3 buildings that are interconnected. I went upstairs via the elevator and there is a guard outside asking for visitors to sign in.

He asked me what company I was looking for and I told him that I was looking for a video game company that used to work in that building and since I work in the area, I wanted to see who had their old offices today. He let me look at a corporate directory but there was no listing for box number 9 so it seems that currently no one has their old offices.

The interesting thing was that he told me that there was another video game company in the building before by the name of Harvey but he was not sure what kind of video games that they used to sell.

Wow, only $20? Quite an investment you made, wouldn't you say?

Not as much as on some other games: I got Magicard and Video Life for about $60 each. Malagai, Chase The Chuckwagon, Rescue Terra I, Tooth Protectors, and X-Man were among games that I got for free!

But we must remember, UltraVision weren't the only ones full of shit...

http://tomheroes.com/Video%20Games%20FS/ga...ds/swordque.htm

Anyone into the newer stuff might remember that Active Enterprises was promoting a sytem that would play SNES and Genesis (and even TG-16 I think) games on the same box, for less than it would cost for one system normally. It think there was even more miraculous stuff it supposedly did. You could just smell the stink of vaporware on it, or maybe it was scam; I was never quite sure.

I think they were a FL company too, which made me think of Ultravision when I went by their booth at the 93 (IIRC) CES show.

What someone needs to do is put together a system that will take 2600/5200/7800 games, make up some special controllers, and sell it as a homebrew system. THAT would be cool!

If Atari-on-a-Chip is ever finished, we'll be one third of the way there. :ponder: I suspect it would actually be cheaper and easier to rig up a PC with just enough memory and power and shove it in a 2600 case though; I've seen several examples of PC-in-a-NES already online.