IGNORED

Lynx HSC 2nd half of October 2009 - Pinball Jam

atari2600land

I think you know where I'm going with this. Send in your best scores on the "Elvira and the Party Monsters" table (both settings are OK). This ends Halloween night at 11:59pm Pacific. What better way to celebrate Halloween than playing your Lynx?

-current standings

1. Eric DeLee - 39

2. ninjabba - 28

3. atari2600land - 22

4. darthkur - 21

5. roadrunner - 20

6. SwedenLynxer - 15

7. doctorclu - 13

8. Damon Plus - 9

9. Horst - 3

-current high scores

Eric DeLee - 35,802,000

Battlezone - 31,484,000

SwedenLynxer - 16,805,000

Horst - 13,261,000

atari2600land - 4,236,000

roadrunner - 1,319,000

darthkur - 1,007,000

ninjabba - 944,000

Edited by atari2600land

Oh boy...

I'm at it again.

I was bored at work, and then this evening.

Learn to hit the ramps!!!!

My score: 35,802,000

post-3390-125592227766.png

What is tough is playing for the past week or two the PSP Williams pinball collection and then going back to this.

You see flaw after flaw after flaw within the game. It is amazing how much the time have changed. Yes... Elvira is great for the Lynx. For the time period it was a great pinball game. but wow... the differences are very obvious.

man, I suck at this game... its not my coordination that is screwing up the game, but just my bad luck of those balls constantly getting in the most-left or most-right tube or whatever its called...

edit: lol ok I really hate this game, or it hates me, another few tries, same result of the ball getting in those side tubes every freaking time.. a score of 944000 so far..

Edited by Ninjabba

With most pinball games... you just get lucky. You can have a run of games that only ad up to an average of a few thousand points. Its that breakout game that makes it worthwhile.

The two high scores you see there... hours of frustration and playing. Hell... look at my third place score. Everything else was BELOW that score. I had two very lucky games. All of the others were small scores.

:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

I made a small improvement, up to 1,319,000

You're getting close to that 600 post mark!

I was wanting to make a special post with my 4000th post... but forgot to look for it. One day I posted around 40 or 50 times and zoomed right past the mark without knowing. I'll have to celebrate the 5000 mark I guess.

:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

I made a small improvement, up to 1,319,000

You're getting close to that 600 post mark!

I was wanting to make a special post with my 4000th post... but forgot to look for it. One day I posted around 40 or 50 times and zoomed right past the mark without knowing. I'll have to celebrate the 5000 mark I guess.

WOW :-o 40 or 50 posts in 1 day. I think the most posts i ever made in 1 day was 4 or 5.

Played this a few more times, and grew tired of it very quickly. The physics seem a little 'off' to me. The ball doesn't seem to behave the same way all the time, wild bounces, extremely fast scrolling and inconsistent shots from the flippers. Maybe this game would have been better if it were played vertically like Klax instead of horizontally.