IGNORED

Wasn't this "soulonmyboots" seller a ripoff ?

CPUWIZ

I realize that having all of the inserts for Waterworld in mint condition is valuable, but the price that's going for now makes it worth more than a couple of 10's put together. I mean a sealed Motorodeo went for $103.50 on eBay. I suspect this is a case of bidding war madness, YMEI.

Hmm...looking back through some of those old posts, this guy attempted (or did) sell a fake copy of a CIB Waterworld and a fake copy of some Beagle Bros. game.

Let's see, now he's trying to sell a MIB Waterworld? I don't think so.

For what it's worth, that price is way way too high unless having the box makes its value increase that much. I paid just over $6 for my copy of waterworld and I got everything (instructions, etc) except the box.

Cap

Well, technically it's not necessarily a good deal. If you received 20 games and paid $120 for the lot, that doesn't mean you have just bought a Waterworld for $6.00. You paid for the Waterworld and the other 19 games were throw ins. Of course, if you got other good games with it, then maybe you can say your price was a little cheaper.

When I tell my stories of a score, especially getting a good buy, I usually will say, I paid $50 for a lot of games and Glib was in it, etc. I got my Glib, my Crazy Climber, my Water World, and probably a few other rares in lots of purchases. I did score a Music Machine for $50 when someone contacted me directly from Ebay when they saw I was bidding on one and offered it to me for that price. Of course I was taking a chance, but the guy had good feedback and seemed nice. Now I consider him a good acquaintance and we actually deal once in awhile.

Phil

Well if you must know, there was a 4-switch woodie, numerous joysticks, paddles and a set of keyboard controllers. There were also numerous 4/5/6 rated carts in the lot.

Anyway, you can look at it however you want. The topic of the thread has nothing to do with how much I did or did not buy Waterworld from, but how much this loser on e-bay is trying to charge...and it's probably a fake.

Cap

I wish Ebay would do a better job policing these people. I was once bidding on a copy of Obelix until I noticed that the person I was bidding against lived in the same house as the person selling the item and was probably the same person. I contacted Ebay, but they did nothing about this seller.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got an e-mail from the winner.

Hi Mike,

Yep, the game arrived safely & quickly, and is exactly as the seller described.

I did mention my concerns to the seller & enquired about their history - they

seem pretty upset about the reputation they`ve aquired.

Could you let everybody on the forums know that, as far as my experience goes,

this seller is okay to deal with.

Thanks for the concern.

Steven

just because he followed through now doesn't mean he won't screw someone else later. I'm still gonna keep my distance.

Thanks for the follow up, I sometimes wonder though if people buy from themselfs to clean up their act.

I don't think that's the case here though because SHHRCJ had been throwing around several thousand dollars in the last few months.

Oh well, next boxed Waterworld here we come ...

Yeah, I have realized about SHHRCJ , he did spent alots of money $$$$ and collected very rare atari games.....how come he can afford it??? Where his money come from?? like he did spent over thousand of dollars!! and what kind of job he work for?? Ummmmm...... :roll:

He ALWAYS bid so high, alots of bidders tried to beat him at ebay???

Oh well...

Jason

Yeah, I have realized about SHHRCJ , he did spent alots of money $$$$ and collected very rare atari games.....how come he can afford it???  Where his money come from?? like he did spent over thousand of dollars!! and what kind of job he work for??   Ummmmm...... :roll:  

He ALWAYS bid so high,  alots of bidders tried to beat him at ebay???

Oh well...

Jason

It isn't difficult to spend that kind of money, the question is, is it wise ?