IGNORED

TimeSplitters 2

sdstuff64

I heard the multiplayer aspect of this game is as good as Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Since these are my 2 favorite multiplayer console FPS I was wondering if anyone could back this statement up before I go out and buy it.

Yes,it really is good.You set it up almost just like Perfect Dark.It is very fun and very fast.If you liked those two games go out and buy this! :D ;) :D

i bought the original on ps2, and i liked it alot. but i wanted a more satisfying story mode

i decided that i had to buy TS2 instead of vice city, and so far i think i made the good decision...

i bought it for the GC so i could play 4 player without a multi tap, enjoy better load times, and use my favorite controller :D

i bought the original on ps2, and i liked it alot. but i wanted a more satisfying story mode

i decided that i had to buy TS2 instead of vice city, and so far i think i made the good decision...

i bought it for the GC so i could play 4 player without a multi tap, enjoy better load times, and use my favorite controller :D

Well what is so bad about the multi tap?What did it do to you?Better load times?You don't say....And your fav controller?Well that is great.Sounds like a Nintendo fanb...Sorry for all these questions,just posting to myself. :ponder: :roll: :ponder:

Well what is so bad about the multi tap?What did it do to you?Better load times?You don't say....And your fav controller?Well that is great.Sounds like a Nintendo fanb...Sorry for all these questions,just posting to myself. :ponder:  :roll:  :ponder:

Well, I am a Nintendo Fanboy, and let me see what he's getting at:

Admittedly, there seems to be more support for the PS2 multitap than on the PS1, but I'm still irritated that Sony can't see its way clear to making 4 or more ports standard (and surprised, if nothing else it should sell more controllers.) Because when it is standard, game makers are more likely to attempt 4 player modes, and that's important to me.

According to the IGN head to head review, load times for GCN and Xbox were like 5-6 seconds, and closer to 20 for the PS2. Now, having been totally burned by buying Turok, I can see where this could be an issue.

It's also my favorite controller...Dual Shock is pretty good, credit to Sony for sticking with a design that still works on the older systems, and that has a nice symmetry to it. On the other hand, I dread games where I each of the 4 shoulder buttons is mapped to a different function...the nice thing about the GC's is that the buttons are well differentiated.

My loyalty for Nintendo stretches back to my late 80s/early 90s high school hood, and to the N64 that reintroduced 4 ports to modern gaming, as well as the analog stick (other than flight sticks) which hadn't been seen since the Vectrex and 5200. Plus, there's a quality and a history embedded in the Nintendo first party games. Yeah, I wish we had GTA3 or (oddly, since I've never played any FF through) Kingdom Hearts or even Halo for that matter, but with the quality stuff that's been out there for GCN (Rogue Squadron, Smash Bros, Super Monkey Ball 2) I haven't regretted my decision.

Well, I guess I'll be the XBox fanboy.....I have all 3 systems and I bought Timesplitters 2 for the Xbox and wouldn't even consider getting it for the other 2. I'm not trying to start a "systems war" thread, just giving my opinions. Any game that I can get for any of the 3, I always get the Xbox version because #1 I wanna play the game, not wait for it to load. The PS2 load times are the absolute worse ever and yes I do have a Neo CD system and it still loads faster. #2 I do not see the need to accsessorize my system to death with multi taps, memory cards, etc. I could use that money - that I should not have to spend in the 1st place - to buy more games. #3 I can link my systems together for some nice multi player action. I have nothing against the Cube - it's a cool system but I still have more options with the XBox. And for controllers, the PS2 controller is the worst of the 3. I have played TS2 on all 3 systems and the lack of precision form the PS2 controller is annoying. In fact, any FPS on the PS2 is annoying to play because the controller has the least amount of accuracy. The PS2 may have been a great system when it came out 2 yrs. ago, but it is truly showing it's limitations more than ever.

i agree. if i had an xbox, i probably would have bought it for that, since that has everything i like about the gc version.

also, i agree that the ps2 has the least responsive controller. i prefer using the xbox S or wavebird, since they have better analog sticks.

and about this thread becoming system wars... talking about timesplitters2 and not mentioning which system you bought it for it pretty hard...

According to the IGN head to head review, load times for GCN and Xbox were like 5-6 seconds, and closer to 20 for the PS2.  Now, having been totally burned by buying Turok, I can see where this could be an issue.

Well IGN sucks and they had an early copy of the game.I own the game,for PS2,and the logest the load times have been for me is 8sec.

About all this controller bullshit,whatever you like,you like.Nobody can change it no matter how wrong they think it sounds.Sp gp nuy the game,I really don't care for what system.I just happen to like the dualshock so I got the PS2 version.They are all the same.Accept for the iLink support that is. :x :D :roll:

Actually, as far as system wars goes, this has all been pretty minor!

I think we can all have different opinions and still be able to see where other people are coming from.

I've only recently been hearing about Xbox's ability to LAN, and that is pretty cool. But for me, I still buy systems because of unique titles I find really compelling, and Xbox has had one, and GCN has had 3.

Now that GC might finally have a decent FPS deathmatch, I'm really gonna be jonesing for a tank game ala BattleTanx and that other one 3DO made for PS2. 3DO, what are you waiting for???

After this thread, and confirming with some reviews, I bit the bullet and bought it...I'll find out if this gamble pays off tonight, or if it's just another Turdok...err, I mean, Turok.

And turns out the EB trade in for Turok has already gone from $20-25 to 15....

TS2 is almost nothing like turok. the controls are good, the missions dont suck, and the multiplayer is worth playing. turok had none of these things.

But it did have tremendous load times!

I know, I know...but the previews made it look really really promising, and I was hungry for multiplayer FPS. Hunger tht has led to indigestion.