IGNORED

EtherNec and CAB

Goochman

Ok - so I have internal FTP working with my Ethernec card - I want to see if I can get out to the internet with CAB.

For some reason Im running into an issue getting outside of my network and Im not sure if its a limitation of STinG or a config issue.

My internal network is setup as follows:

Wireless Router - 192.168.100.1 connects to my Cablemodem - 192.168.1.1

All internal addresses are 192.168.100.x

My ST IP address is 192.168.100.120 and I can ping all other 192.168.100.x addresses.

I have 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.1.1 as Nameservers in RESOLVER. sting.org is the name server but Im not sure what to really put here.

Anyhow - I cant hit anything outside of 192.168.100.x - no ping, no HTML.

Is there a limitation on STinG and my network or am I missing something?

Try to ping google. If you can then the problem is with your applications. If not then I guess it's the network.

From some of the network lessons I had (and personal experience), you need to create a network bridge between the two networks

and

The simplest solution would be to put your atari in the 192.168.1.0 network.

Turns out I had to remove my inbetween router, so everything is on the 192.168.1.1 router now.

Things are more consistent now using FTP inside the network - but I cannot get outside using CAB, PING, or FTP.

I have a feeling the Serial Network card I have just doesnt work well enough with STiNG to get outside of the local IP range. I have tried using the latest STiNG stack and it wont work with my adaptor - I have to use an older version I presume of the Control Panel which is in all german. I may take another stab configuring with the new English version but it cant seem to identify the MAC address correctly (The old german control panel acc requires manual input for the MAC address).

I know its somewhat worthless, but I get a kick seeing my Mega2 work through the Net - I just transferred 5 MB through FTP between my PC and ST :D

I'l tell you, since my Falcon had its EtherNat up and running, he got a whole new life. I move and quick edit lots of files around my LAN (suffice to say I have three licences of Papyrus: Atari, Mac and Windoze), and do some online activity as well (aICQ, quick browsing, a little e-mail when I don't have my PowerBook with me, listen some online radio, ...)