IGNORED

Got a Mega STE

I recently finally got me a Mega STE. Haven't had a ST since i think back in '91. Anyhow, Is there a list somewhere with all the games that are compatible. I'm finding that some of my past favorites aren't working. Also i'm having a small problem finding a good spreadsheet and DTP program. Anybody have any suggestions?

Fairly sure the DBUG crew (or it might have been another one) was still recently active fixing the old games so they'd work on the newer machines (STe, Falcon, TT etc) and/or RAM configurations greater than the standard 1 or 2 meg on most machines.

Well worth your while expanding your machine to 4 meg if it's not already there.

I recently finally got me a Mega STE. Haven't had a ST since i think back in '91. Anyhow, Is there a list somewhere with all the games that are compatible.

As mentioned have a look at D-Bug's patch page. It's pretty awesome! :cool:

Wow, looks like a pretty good site and lots of stuff to go thru! I would also like to connect it up to a modern printer. Do i need any special drivers? Also is the Mega STE capable of connecting and using CDplayer/burner? I tried doing a google search and i had no luck. Thanks for help.

I recently finally got me a Mega STE. Haven't had a ST since i think back in '91. Anyhow, Is there a list somewhere with all the games that are compatible.

As mentioned have a look at D-Bug's patch page. It's pretty awesome! :cool:

Wow, looks like a pretty good site and lots of stuff to go thru! I would also like to connect it up to a modern printer. Do i need any special drivers? Also is the Mega STE capable of connecting and using CDplayer/burner? I tried doing a google search and i had no luck. Thanks for help.

DBug is simply awesome.

I think some of the older Deskjet's 'n such will work with the ST's - not sure about

most modern printers - definitely out if all they have is a USB connection. They'll have

to have the parallel port as well, I believe.

Your Mega STe can use a SCSI CD player/burner. There is SPIN, which is free. A lot of people

like it. Personally, I went with Roger Burrows at Anodyne Software. Its commercial, so you'll

have to pay for it, but its well worth it, IMHO. You'll need ExtenDOS Pro, that's the CD software,

and then CDWriter Suite, which lets you do all kinds of neat burning stuff. You can find facts,

figures, and a list of compatible hardware on his website:

http://www.anodynesoftware.com/

Hope this helps.

I recently finally got me a Mega STE. Haven't had a ST since i think back in '91. Anyhow, Is there a list somewhere with all the games that are compatible. I'm finding that some of my past favorites aren't working. Also i'm having a small problem finding a good spreadsheet and DTP program. Anybody have any suggestions?

You should first try and boot a RAM TOS 1.0 (e.g. with SELTOS by Pera Putnik) to improve compatibility with older games. 90-95% of commercial games should run on the Mega STE with a 1.x TOS version.

Thorsten