IGNORED

The Rock-afire Explosion movie screening in LA

shertz

Hello SC3 friends!!

I am going to be DJing at the screening of the documentary 'The Rock-afire Explosion' movie on Nov 5 @ the Cinefamily located at the Silent Movie Theater 611 N. Fairfax Ave in LA. I am also bringing a hand full of my arcade games from my collection to be played after the movie! Cinefamily will also be screening Thrash's Rock-afire music videos -- plus we'll be recreating Showbiz Pizza for one night only on our back patio, complete with a gallery of vintage arcade machines!

About the Rock-afire Explosion doc: In the early '80s, kids all over the country dragged their parents to Showbiz Pizza (created by Atari founder Nolan Bushnell) for the rides, games, and the animatronic rock band The Rock-afire Explosion. Created by 23-year-old prodigy Aaron Fechter, The Rock-afire Explosion amazed children and adults alike before being mysteriously pulled from showrooms and replaced by the now popular Chuck-E-Cheese in the early nineties. Still profoundly affected by his experience at Showbiz Pizza, small-town disc-jockey Chris Thrash sought out Fechter nearly twenty years later and purchased a full Rock-afire band of his own. After some clever modding on Thrash's part, the band was once again performing for millions, this time on YouTube, to the likes of Lil Wayne and MGMT! The Rock-afire Explosion reveals how Thrash revived this fallen robotic gem, alongside the heart-wrenching rise and fall of Fechter's former 300-employee, $20 million-per-year venture.

Click on the link below to buy tickets and for information.

http://www.cinefamily.org/calendar/thursday.html#rock

Hope to see you there!!!

Hello SC3 friends!!

I am going to be DJing at the screening of the documentary 'The Rock-afire Explosion' movie on Nov 5 @ the Cinefamily located at the Silent Movie Theater 611 N. Fairfax Ave in LA. I am also bringing a hand full of my arcade games from my collection to be played after the movie! Cinefamily will also be screening Thrash's Rock-afire music videos -- plus we'll be recreating Showbiz Pizza for one night only on our back patio, complete with a gallery of vintage arcade machines!

About the Rock-afire Explosion doc: In the early '80s, kids all over the country dragged their parents to Showbiz Pizza (created by Atari founder Nolan Bushnell) for the rides, games, and the animatronic rock band The Rock-afire Explosion. Created by 23-year-old prodigy Aaron Fechter, The Rock-afire Explosion amazed children and adults alike before being mysteriously pulled from showrooms and replaced by the now popular Chuck-E-Cheese in the early nineties. Still profoundly affected by his experience at Showbiz Pizza, small-town disc-jockey Chris Thrash sought out Fechter nearly twenty years later and purchased a full Rock-afire band of his own. After some clever modding on Thrash's part, the band was once again performing for millions, this time on YouTube, to the likes of Lil Wayne and MGMT! The Rock-afire Explosion reveals how Thrash revived this fallen robotic gem, alongside the heart-wrenching rise and fall of Fechter's former 300-employee, $20 million-per-year venture.

Click on the link below to buy tickets and for information.

http://www.cinefamily.org/calendar/thursday.html#rock

Hope to see you there!!!

This sounds cool would love to see this. :)