IGNORED

Nintendo Canada Gets Naughty!

Atari Master

I got this off of the Nintendo Village website.

VANCOUVER, BC, October 16, 2002 – Nintendo of Canada has launched a national promotion and sampling tour designed to showcase its line-up of great software titles for consumers over 18 years of age. The Nintendo For*Play Tour features a team of “fun and wild” gamers that will be visiting local bars, venues and social events to sample, educate and get consumers excited about the Nintendo mature gamer experience. There are teams located in British Columbia, Alberta, Quebec, and Ontario.

This program was launched as part of Nintendo’s current marketing strategy to entertain and inform consumers about our growing list of new software titles that offer older gamers a more mature gaming experience. The tours feature the most highly anticipated holiday blockbuster titles such as: Metroid® Prime, Resident Evil® Ø, EA Sports™ NHL® 2003,Tony Hawk Pro Skater™ 4, Sega Sports NBA 2K3, James Bond 007™: Nightfire™ and many more.

“The Nintendo For*Play Team is on a mission to stir up a little heat, fun and excitement with consumers 18 years of age and older,” says Ron Bertram, general manager, Nintendo of Canada Ltd. “This year we are excited about the expansion of our library to include new titles that are designed to offer the older gamer a more mature gaming and entertainment experience.”

Visiting local venues across the country, the Nintendo For*Play teams will be hosting fun filled evenings of games, sampling and entertainment. Specific dates, times and locations are available online at www.nintendo.ca.

The team is also armed with mobile NINTENDO GAMECUBE sampling units that are strapped onto the Nintendo For*Play teammates via a Nintendo backpack and come fully equipped with a NINTENDO GAMECUBE, four controllers and a 15 inch flat-screen television.

About Nintendo As a wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of Canada Ltd., based in Vancouver, British Columbia, is a leader and innovator in the $1 billion video game industry in Canada. Nintendo of Canada markets hardware and software for Game Boy Advance and NINTENDO GAMECUBE. Since the release of its first home video game system in 1983, Nintendo has sold more than 1.6 billion video games worldwide, creating enduring industry icons such as Mario™ and Donkey Kong® and launching such franchises as Zelda™ and Pokémon®. Nintendo is dedicated to the long-term development of the interactive entertainment industry, devoting its resources towards maximizing the latest technology to create the most innovative, interactive entertainment products in the world.

http://www.nintendovillage.com/

aww you guys are being too mean to pokemon....

Not to worry Jess, I like your site. I even recommended it to a friend of mine, because she is a HUGE Pokemon collector (games, cards, I even bought her a Pikachu carrying case). The only thing I was bummed about was that you didn't actually have a bag of actual "Pokechow" on the site, like a parody of Ralston-Purina dog food. :D