IGNORED

Found a sears unit in the stangest place over the weekend..

General Atarian

See? I told you so! NASA's space junk backs my story up:

My post from: http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...=14386&start=25

CAPE CANAVERAL, FL - NASA has announced that replacement parts for the diagnostic systems of the Space Shuttle's booster rockets are no longer made, therefore the space agency must scavenge the parts from obselete video game systems.  

For months, NASA has been searching online auction sites like Ebay and UBid, looking for the CX2600, Atari's first attempt at a home video game console. The CX2600's 6507 processor is an intregal part of a handful of the Shuttle's diagnostic systems: including that of the booster rockets. This wide-scale buying frenzy, and the destruction of the CX2600 for its processor, is threatening the resurrection of retrogaming, according to Art Ari of Pixel Enthusist Magazine. In the September issue, Art writes that he expects the number of these gaming systems to decrease at such a rate, that in the near future Atari fans may only have the emulators to remember that era by. He also expects the games themselves to become nearly worthless without consoles to play them in.  

How ironic, and sad it is that the Nation's Space program, who inspired Activision's Space Shuttle game, must destroy the very console the game was made for to keep NASA's Shuttle program alive.  

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/12/technolo...594b60901a7f61d

:grin::jango::grin::jango::grin::jango::grin::jango::grin::jango::grin::jango::grin::jango::grin::jango::grin::jango::grin::jango::grin::jango::grin::jango: