IGNORED

original cartridge production run?

Witchfynde

One thing I've always wondered is how many games were released for the 2600...usually the magic number for a long-running console is 800, like for the Genesis (not counting the 32X and CD) and Super Nintendo (which probably had closer to a thousand). Is 800 about right (not including the later homebrewed games, of course)? More? Less? Anyone know? Just curious.

That's cool, I've always wondered...plus I was bored the other week and decided on coming up with a list of all the 2600 games I've ever played. I've come up with over 100 and I've yet to go through several old mags with lists and ads for games, which will increase my total (plus my total will go up anyway, thanks to flea markets and emulation, heh heh). So I've (roughly) played a little over a tenth of all the games made (probably NOTHING compared to people on here who own 300-600 games, or what-not, but hey, it's all good!).

Not counting NTSC/PAL variations and not counting games with different title/label/company (ie Sears) there's probably about 500 unique games for the 2600.

For some reason, I'm remembering the number 520. I may be off a little here or there but Impmom's right, it's somewhere around 500 unique games.