IGNORED

WTD: 520ST power adapter, disk drive, Amiga monitor cable and some games

save2600

Just received a nice 520ST, but it came loose - so no way of testing her yet. Anyone have a "rescue kit" with the stuff in the subject heading they could put together for this machine? Would like to give the ST another try, otherwise she'll just sit and look pretty next to my 130XE :-)

I've got a few Jaguar & 2600 games for trade if you're looking for anything that way...

Edited by save2600

Must be a vry old one if it dosn't have the built in disc drive, PSU and RF modulator!!!

Indeed! This would be the model good ol' Sam rushed in his infinite wisdom months so he could beat out the Amiga 1000. The very first ST IIRC. Cute little computer really and looks like it could be the 130XE's big brother. It does have an RF modulator though. lol I can only imagine what the quality of that must be like. No audio out... must be tied into the funky looking monitor jack. Midi in/out however. I use an Amiga 500 now for Midi stuff (it has a HD), but wouldn't mind maybe putting the ST to work that way. I had an ST quite a few years back, but I think it was a 1040 as it had 1mb ram and internal floppy. I was able to make ST compatible disks from files pulled off the internet on my PeeCee. I understand that the IBM drives were compatible, but now that I'm PeeCee and floppy free, not sure how much luck I'd have making ST disks from my iMac, Amiga 2500 or Efika systems. Might need to invest in a USB floppy drive. lol Could someone here please verify if I were to make such a purchase, format some floppies in low density mode using the FAT filesystem... would that be AtariST compatible?

What does the connector for power look like? Though it's in storage I may well have such a power supply that I'd be willing to sell.

My favourite ST! They are much cleaner in design than the STFMs IMO. Also anyone else notice that the prototype 260ST with the built in drive has the drive on the opposite side as the 520STFMs?

I had a real job finding one after I was burgled a long time ago, and still have one with no PSU (but two others as well with PSU)

@ Nightsprinter:

Here's a pic of the back... lots of connectors on that puppy!

post-13896-125667273781_thumb.jpg

YUP! I have the power supply you're looking for in storage currently. If I remember right, the original model ST's power brick was a long rectangular shape. Once I can get it out of storage, I'll get it weighed and have a shipping cost for ya.