IGNORED

Please help me recall the name of this PS1 game?

FlightSuit

This has been bugging me for quite a while. I can't for the life of me recall the name of this game, but I'm hoping if I describe it, somebody will know the one I'm talking about.

It was a platformer of sorts, and I think it's what would, in modern parlance, be referred to as a 2.5D game, 'cause the environment looked 3D, but your character was on a track, limited to moving left or right or jumping up or down and, I think, climbing up or down.

The game was extremely colorful, and if I'm remembering it correctly, you could choose whether you controlled a male or female character. In either case, I want to say they both resembled harlequins or court jesters. Anyway, you'd go on a side-scrolling, platform-type adventure, traversing everything from medieval villages to great ice-structure slides. Everything in the game was very psychedelic, and the graphics were just fantastic. Does this ring a bell with anybody?

Pandemonium. It was released by Crystal Dynamics. They changed the name to Magical Hoppers in Japan and completely redesigned the characters. The game was actually popular enough to warrant a sequel... sadly, they went dark and edgy with it, giving the girl huge boobs and turning the silly jester into a homicidal maniac. Typical of the late 1990s, really.