IGNORED

270 Atari 2600 games for $349 and no one is buying?

homerwannabee

FREE = FREE, APO or not. :roll:

Free=Free, APO very true, but why not in North America, Canadian neighbours? Or for you neighbors... Why does it cost me so much to send something that is hours to the US border, yet I can ship comething to California cheaper, on the other coast of the US, good old Canada Post, heck I can ship stuff to certain US states cheaper than I can send some things within the Canadian provinces, thats my rant for today! Cheers, FB

FREE = FREE, APO or not. :roll:

It still is free. But he has the right to say no to where he is going to ship it. It sounds like to me that his price is $349 with free shipping no matter what. APO is pretty expensive when it comes to shipping. I don't see a problem with him saying no to shipping to the APO person if he finds out that the costs are too expensive. He never once mentioned charging the person to ship it APO. He just said he was checking the charges. What that meant to me is that he was checking to see if he could ship APO or not.

Edit: OK, I read what he said again, and I see the misunderstanding. He does say I will ship there, but he has to see the charges before he accepts the offer. Maybe he is saying that if you use the buy it now of $349 then he will ship there for free, but if you make an offer that is lower than the actual price than he needs to check the price to see if he can still make the deal or not.

Edited by homerwannabee

Edit: OK, I read what he said again, and I see the misunderstanding. He does say I will ship there, but he has to see the charges before he accepts the offer. Maybe he is saying that if you use the buy it now of $349 then he will ship there for free, but if you make an offer that is lower than the actual price than he needs to check the price to see if he can still make the deal or not.

That would make a whole lot more sense.

That would make a whole lot more sense.

Still does not ship to Canada, but many Americans just take the price that is quoted, when in reality shipping can be very reasonable to Canada. That is the case though with shipping, if you use the BIN he will ship for free ;)

Edited by Frostbite Bailey

LOL, the last time I stopped by here a couple months ago, one of the first links I clicked on, someone was raggin' on Homer's grammar. This next time I visit, the second link I click on... raggin' on Homer's grammar! Things never change! There's people out there with far worse grammar than Homer's, FWIW.

• Like 1

LOL, the last time I stopped by here a couple months ago, one of the first links I clicked on, someone was raggin' on Homer's grammar. This next time I visit, the second link I click on... raggin' on Homer's grammar! Things never change! There's people out there with far worse grammar than Homer's, FWIW.

Welcome back, bro!

His grammar is great compared to some of the the grade eight kids I teach ;)

Welcome back, bro!

Thanks! Good to be back. We are in our new house now (FINALLY), so after we get all the painting done etc, I'll be back in full effect. I have a new storage closet and retro room... wait until you see the authentic retro room, holy cow :)

Back again with true words! :D :thumbsup:

• Like 1

These are all good points for concession; however, I think CPUWIZ's point is valid, particularly considering that Homer is himself an educator (substitute teacher?) and as such should have a higher standard of language skills. (I say this as a fellow educator, too.) Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but is English not CPUWIZ's native tongue? There are a lot of people who post on AA that didn't learn English first, yet are extremely fluent in English.

If you write well, your points are likely to be taken a bit more seriously, and when you are trying to express something of importance (as you see it), the message will go through with a higher degree of understanding and not get mangled in the mechanics. There are times when Homer is writing about an interesting topic, and it would be nice to see the ideas be engaged with by other respondents.

Now I'm off to clean some carts from yesterday's thrift run!

Yeah, I agree with all that Zwackery. If you use internet standards as a guide, Homer's grammar and spelling really isn't all that bad. Still, I concede your points as well. Just depends on what standards you're going to use. If someone wants to be internet grammar police, I think AA isn't the best place to start!

These are all good points for concession; however, I think CPUWIZ's point is valid, particularly considering that Homer is himself an educator (substitute teacher?) and as such should have a higher standard of language skills. (I say this as a fellow educator, too.) Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but is English not CPUWIZ's native tongue? There are a lot of people who post on AA that didn't learn English first, yet are extremely fluent in English.

If you write well, your points are likely to be taken a bit more seriously, and when you are trying to express something of importance (as you see it), the message will go through with a higher degree of understanding and not get mangled in the mechanics. There are times when Homer is writing about an interesting topic, and it would be nice to see the ideas be engaged with by other respondents.

Now I'm off to clean some carts from yesterday's thrift run!

I am German, lived the first 21 years of my life there. ;) That doesn't change the fact that "would of" makes my head hurt, when I see it. :P

This topic sure changed from "on topic" to "let's talk about homer's grammar" quickly. :roll:

Good.

I am German, lived the first 21 years of my life there. ;) That doesn't change the fact that "would of" makes my head hurt, when I see it. :P

But that is the thing. I did not write that in this thread. I did not use a instead of an, or use your instead of you're. You just decided to be a tool, and show me a link to a grammar site without any explanation.

But that is the thing. I did not write that in this thread. I did not use a instead of an, or use your instead of you're. You just decided to be a tool, and show me a link to a grammar site without any explanation.

Denial is not a good sign. :sad:

I know it has only been about 15 hours but you would of thought at least a reseller would be all over this.

Denial is not a good sign. :sad:

I know it has only been about 15 hours but you would of thought at least a reseller would be all over this.

OK, thanks for the explanation. I was looking at the post previous to the one you made, and made the assumption you were talking about that one.

What is wrong with people?

Most Americans don't want to spend $350 on a bunch of 30 y.o. Atari games and I don't blame them. I would say there is something "wrong" with those of us that do :P

When I see stuff like this it makes me wonder how strong our hobby is at the moment. :sad:

Our "hobby" should not be measured on the price the games sell for, but on how many collectors there are out there and the populatiry of homebrew games, shows etc. Homer, you emphasise the monetary value of games too much... It is but the smallest part of the hobby and in fact, you are more likely to get more collectors on board if prices come down ;)

This post is for you, CPUWIZ, todays resident grammer police:

Looks like a nice lot of Atari tapes to me. I ain't gots no money or I would of bought up the whole thing.

:P

Seriously, I would have considered this lot if I had some spare cash, but at the moment, I do not.

Edited by shadow460