IGNORED

installation Instructions for kjmann's S-video upgrade.

Kjmann

Here are the pics for the 800xl

DON'T FORGET TO ATTACH A GROUND TO THE UPGRADE BOARD FROM THE ATARI MOTHERBOARD!!!

ATTACH THE GROUND FOR THE JACKS (CONNECTORS) DIRECTLY TO THE MOTHERBOARD OF THE ATARI. NOT THE UPGRADE BOARD

Edited by kjmann

So how do I know if I have older version or v2.0 for the Luma connections?

The Board will have "v2.0" Printed on it if it is version 2.0

Do you (have) instructions for A400 and A5200

As I said Before. I can not guarantee atari 400 or 5200 compatibility (I believe that's why you ordered only one). Version 1.0 works fine with the 800 with a 100ohm resistor in line for the luma connection. =)

The Version 2.0 Boards WILL be Guaranteed with ALL atari 8-bits and the atari 2600, 5200, and 7800. But the 2.0 will require a +5 volt tap.

bump

icon_sad.gif NO picture after install. I took out the RF box. Verified 'C' and 'Y' and 'GND' for all connections. I didn't install a wire for the 'CV' line. NO audio either.

Side Note:

I did take out the channel switch also. I didn't think I would need the switch anymore.

bump

icon_sad.gif NO picture after install. I took out the RF box. Verified 'C' and 'Y' and 'GND' for all connections. I didn't install a wire for the 'CV' line. NO audio either.

Side Note:

I did take out the channel switch also. I didn't think I would need the switch anymore.

No the channel switch is not nessacery. it can be removed.

I will send you a PM. =)

Bump

Got it fixed. the R123 resistor was in backwards. Bare part of resistor was facing forward. And not like the one in the posted picture.

If I can borrow a camera that will take nice pictures I will post some.icon_ponder.gif

Very cool. Glad to hear it. =)

Let me know what you think of the picture quality.

Bump

Got it fixed. the R123 resistor was in backwards. Bare part of resistor was facing forward. And not like the one in the posted picture.

If I can borrow a camera that will take nice pictures I will post some.icon_ponder.gif

Very cool. Glad to hear it. =)

Let me know what you think of the picture quality.

Game Video is outstanding- colors and edges well defined, I did a small amount of LCD TV video tuning. A little more color, sharpness, contrast, tint was ok with what I had for TV watching.

Text: As in 80 columns with The Last Word (by Jon) I had to use CNTL+K to change background, and border to white-- text, and prompt to black. Resulting very clear crisp edges. I changed also the font to SQUARE.F80. Sound and volume I had to turn down a small bit compared to TV watching.

icon_lust.gificon_lust.gif

PS I would like to buy another now for a 1200xl if you ever get a setup to improve Clearpic 2.0

Edited by rdea6

bump

I thought this was for A400/A800 (both). Anyway, do I need the 100 ohm resistor to install in A800 or is that on the board? Isn't there a better spot to fetch that chroma instead of the CPU card?

as I said in an earlier Post it should work in the 400 but I have to way to test that theory. Sorry but the 400 and all the consoles (2600, 5200, 7800) lack some of the nessasary circuity to do the S-vid/composite out, without help.

ver. 2.0 works in the 400 and 5200 as well as all other 8-bit units. it also works in the 7800 and the 2600.

There is no better place to get the chroma and still get a good signal for the chroma. sorry but the 800 is just complicated like that.

and yes you need the 100ohm resistor for the 800. Ver. 2.0 will have it already installed.

Can someone post pics on where they placed the Jacks on their model? I'm particularly interested in the 600XL as that is the one I am doing first since it has no monitor port, just RF!

I pulled out the RF Modulator and the channel switch, and I put the S-video jack when the RF out was. I drilled out the shielding and the case for it to fit. then I made the channel switch hole a little longer and mounted the 2 RCA jacks in that spot.

Like this:

Here is where I Mounted the artifacting switch:

Edited by kjmann