IGNORED

Your biggest disappointment?

candiru

>>>Are you sure you weren't into Foreigner?

Of course I was, but they didn't have any videos.  Well, not 'til "I Want to Know What Love Is".  So I was stuck watching Billy Squier, Kim Wilde and Talk Talk for hours at an end.  Not the worst way to while away your pre-teen years.  STROKE!

DK

The title of your post says it all...

:D :D

I have to disagree.  Having to watch Billy Squier is the absolute worst way to spend your teenage years.

I was a teen then too.  I put on MTV for the chicks but with the sound down.  I put on the Ramones for listening.

I don't know about "absolute worst", unless you're talking about the "Rock Me Tonight" video (in which a pink shirt killed a career). I could've sat through TRL. Besides, I was still a "pre-teen" back then. My interest in "chicks" was pretty minimal. And I was still listening to Gary Numan's Pleasure Principle then - I had to wait until puberty kicked in before I picked up Rocket to Russia.

It's hard to believe an Atari 2600 and Kajagoogoo were chick magnets once. Just goes to show you.

DK

It's hard to believe an Atari 2600 and Kajagoogoo were chick magnets once.  Just goes to show you.

DK

Funny you mention Kajagoogoo, because I was just reading the excerpts of Kurt Cobain's journals in Newsweek and they were one of the bands he (derisively) mentioned. He also said (and I quote) "I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townshend." I guess he got his wish. :(

i remember haunted house as a kid man that ghost scared the hell out of me flashing and moving crap made my heart race i play it now and my girlfriend is like give me a break  :roll:

(laughs!) Yeah, it made ya jump all right!

And about the girlfriend thing: yeah, they just don't understand/get into it as much as we do, eh?

In Reply to Cafeman

Yeah, even with blocky graphics, it was a bit atmospheric, with the wind-blowing sounds and all. A bit different than anything else out there at the time, and more.

The Swordquest contest and games ultimately. I'll admit, the first day I played it (Earthworld) over at my friends house we played and played til about 4am hoping to solve the puzzle...I dunno what we were expecting to happen.  

We were excited about it.... Then realized it was just a crap ass, boring crap crap. And all that hype...jeeze.

It's one thing if you want to create a concept game--or several games wound up into one concept--plus adding a contest is a nice, big bonus (if you win)...but if the games aren't FUN... :(

Funny you mention Kajagoogoo, because I was just reading the excerpts of Kurt Cobain's journals in Newsweek and they were one of the bands he (derisively) mentioned.  He also said (and I quote) "I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townshend."  I guess he got his wish. :(

This probably isn't the place to discuss Mr Cobain, so I'll put my two cents in shortly. I feel he was a severely messed-up individual who made some great music. Shame he died, but if he had cleaned up and found peace with himself, his "genuis" would've probably gone too. Then a lot fewer people would think so highly of him.

Never got an answer to my early question, which I slipped into another post. Does anyone else listen to music while playing? If so, what?

DK

This probably isn't the place to discuss Mr Cobain, so I'll put my two cents in shortly.  I feel he was a severely messed-up individual who made some great music.  Shame he died, but if he had cleaned up and found peace with himself, his "genuis" would've probably gone too.  Then a lot fewer people would think so highly of him.

Sad but true. I'm sure the torment that fueled his work was also fueled by his addiction. His journals make that dilemma pretty clear. That's why the greater heights of success he achieved, the quicker the end came. :(

Never got an answer to my early question, which I slipped into another post.  Does anyone else listen to music while playing?  If so, what?

DK

Obviously Nirvana isn't out of the question, but it really depends on my mood - it can be anything from Public Enemy to Weird Al Yankovic. Of course if the game has it's own music and it doesn't stink, I'll probably listen to that instead. Marble Craze is a good example - why would I listen to ANYTHING else when it's got such great tunes all it's own? :D