IGNORED

Brand New Music Machine! Let the battle begin!

ninermaniac

I'm a little surprised this didn't go significantly higher - has the mighty shrinkwrap hit a ceiling with a game of this rarity?

I'm actually suprised it went this high ;) In the last auction, the winner of this auction was the second highest bidder in this auction (i really have no doubt he is a willing buyer). If Wonder007 had not bid, that last copy would have sold for around $3,500. Take into account some others who may have sniped bids that didn't get through in time, and it may have gone for about $4500. This is supported I feel by my comments below ;)

Actually it would have been less without that mysterious t***7 bidder, who went from feedback 0 to feedback 1 in the span of me composing this response.

Take out Wonder007's bidding and the shilling going on and it would have sold for about $4,500. If a couple more copies of this surface in the next few years, I have no doubt it will sit around the $3-4k mark long term. What may influence that is if existing owners contine to prop up the price as was seen in this auction and the previous auction ;)

But this auction had 2 legitimate bidders bid $5,000 or more who were not Wonder. :ponder:

nope, other than the winner (r***u (238)) the next highest bidder other than those two was s***d (7) at $4,400.

Gotcha, so Wonder was the second place bidder. Not too often that the great Wonder loses an auction.

i think maybe already having a better copy may have had something to do with him losing ;)

I'm a little surprised this didn't go significantly higher - has the mighty shrinkwrap hit a ceiling with a game of this rarity?

I'm actually suprised it went this high ;) In the last auction, the winner of this auction was the second highest bidder in this auction (i really have no doubt he is a willing buyer). If Wonder007 had not bid, that last copy would have sold for around $3,500. Take into account some others who may have sniped bids that didn't get through in time, and it may have gone for about $4500. This is supported I feel by my comments below ;)

Actually it would have been less without that mysterious t***7 bidder, who went from feedback 0 to feedback 1 in the span of me composing this response.

Take out Wonder007's bidding and the shilling going on and it would have sold for about $4,500. If a couple more copies of this surface in the next few years, I have no doubt it will sit around the $3-4k mark long term. What may influence that is if existing owners contine to prop up the price as was seen in this auction and the previous auction ;)

I was being facetious about the auction price as well as getting in my little jab at precious shrinkwrap, and yes, I agree that this and the previous auction were inflated in price to some degree; however, it still is an expensive CIB game that will command thousands of dollars in the collecting market.

Actually, my box is in better shape than this auction... ;)

Your box might be in better shape but your shinkwrap is a 0/10 :P

Wonder's was shrinkwrapped too, only cut across the top with a knife. I think the shrinkwrap looked too loose in this auction, really did nothing for the game. I'd take it off personally and put in one of those box protectors or something.

Actually, my box is in better shape than this auction... ;)

Your box might be in better shape but your shinkwrap is a 0/10 :P

Wonder's was shrinkwrapped too, only cut across the top with a knife. I think the shrinkwrap looked too loose in this auction, really did nothing for the game. I'd take it off personally and put in one of those box protectors or something.

You would open an unopened $5000 game because a little piece of the bottom of the shrinkwrap came loose? That is nuts. I don't understand how it does nothing for the game. It ensures that this is possibly the only unopened copy of one of the rarest games out there, and that is definitely something.

• Like 1

You would open an unopened $5000 game because a little piece of the bottom of the shrinkwrap came loose? That is nuts. I don't understand how it does nothing for the game. It ensures that this is possibly the only unopened copy of one of the rarest games out there, and that is definitely something.

why is that nuts? it happens thousands of times everyday!

here is a picture of the headquarter of Musicmachine Unshrink Services InC.

:D

post-12-125804931323_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

why is that nuts? it happens thousands of times everyday!

here is a picture of the headquarter of Musicmachine Unshrink Services InC.

:D

lolz

Nope, I'd open an unopened $5000 game to play the game - I don't care about rarity or how good/bad the game play is. Plus, I'd want to see if it still had that "new Atari smell" that is the heady bouquet of plastic, cardboard, and ink. Also, knowing that I caused the shrinkwrap devotees to freak out would bring me much delight.

Shrinkwrap is fugly.

post-5874-125808650347_thumb.jpg

Nope, I'd open an unopened $5000 game to play the game - I don't care about rarity or how good/bad the game play is. Plus, I'd want to see if it still had that "new Atari smell" that is the heady bouquet of plastic, cardboard, and ink. Also, knowing that I caused the shrinkwrap devotees to freak out would bring me much delight.

Shrinkwrap is fugly.

BURN, ZWACKERY, BURN! :D ;)

change your mind

you have to LEARN

that shrinwrapped games

always return

only to the the nicest men

with auras of magician!

Now go away and stare to heaven

all seven archangel

like to play

with shrinwrapped games every day!

:ponder: :P

• Like 1

change your mind

you have to LEARN

that shrinwrapped games

always return

with auras of magician!

all seven archangel

like to play

Whatever you are smoking - I think it might be shrinwrap - can I have a toke? post-5874-125811805441.gif

change your mind

you have to LEARN

that shrinwrapped games

always return

with auras of magician!

all seven archangel

like to play

Whatever you are smoking - I think it might be shrinwrap - can I have a toke? post-5874-125811805441.gif

Misread post sorry.

Edited by homerwannabee