IGNORED

32X Star Trek StarFleet Academy game

Gunstar

I just received this game form Icecold in trade. It's a pretty cool game! Anyone else have/like/play this game? The only thing is the small view screen, I think they could have made it larger-StarWars was full screen!

Still, with the shortage of games in general for the 32X and only half of those interesting me at all, this is a good addition to my growing 32X collection and I highly reccomend it to any die-hard 32X owners! 8)

ACK, did you do something to your sig to make the page scroll like it does?

EDIT- and it takes every post you ever made and make those pages scroll too :D

oh and yup im a star trek fan and i have this game, and like it, its been awhile since i played it tho :)

Hey there-

I'd have to disagree with you on this one. I'm a HUGE 32x fan

(check out www.geocities.com/the32xmemorial)

but I think the 32x Star trek game is pretty stinky. Not much improved over the mediocre Super Nintendo game of the same name. The music is fightful! Looping, looping, looping... it makes my ears bleed. The 32x certainly could have handled a full-screen version and better polygonal models. I think the developers just got lazy.

However, I've heard from more than one person that this is a likable game, so what do I know? The battle portions of the game are admittedly cool.

Hey there-

I'd have to disagree with you on this one. I'm a HUGE 32x fan  

(check out www.geocities.com/the32xmemorial)

but I think the 32x Star trek game is pretty stinky. Not much improved over the mediocre Super Nintendo game of the same name. The music is fightful! Looping, looping, looping... it makes my ears bleed. The 32x certainly could have handled a full-screen version and better polygonal models. I think the developers just got lazy.

However, I've heard from more than one person that this is a likable game, so what do I know? The battle portions of the game are admittedly cool.

That's too bad that you don't like it. As far as the music goes, I don't care, I usually shut off music on games with the option to anyway...I'll have to check if I can do it with this one, or turn it down, but I haven't really noticed it, it hasn't bugged me...

As far as Polygon models, I'm not disappointed because I never expected the 32X to have powerful polygon pushing abilities anyhow; it's better than SNES FX chip games, from what I've seen of both, but then I guess it should be since the 32X has two 32-bit chips and the SNES/FX is only one, and if I'm not mistaken, only a 16-bit chip. I don't compare the 32X to the 3DO or Jaguar (same era) because it's just an upgrade and not a whole new system (like the Saturn). But it is cool and I like it so far...

ACK, did you do something to your sig to make the page scroll like it does?

EDIT- and it takes every post you ever made and make those pages scroll too :D

oh and yup im a star trek fan and i have this game, and like it, its been awhile since i played it tho :)

The scrolling problem has been corrected, I refined my system/game list and was trying to keep it short to leave room for future addidtions; it started scrolling because I didn't have any [returns] in it, I have corrected it by inserting 3 returns, which also makes it easier to read. :)

Thanks for pointing that out, it was bugging me too, but I didn't think it was because of something I did until you mentioned it... ;)

I thought I was the only fan of that game..it's great. I loved the SNES one too, its the one I own. Amazing that as far as I'm aware, the SNES one didn't use the Super FX chip. But yeah, its a fun game. Multiplayer is cool, reminds me a first person spacewar  :D

Cool! But is the SNES version polygonal or bitmap/sprite based graphics (the viewscreen part-out in space)? In other words, are the ships made up of Polygons or not? It would be impressive if they are polygons on the SNES without the FX/2 chip. Of course I'd have to see the SNES version next to the 32X version and see how the polygon ship models compare, the 32X version even has some decent texture mapping too, as well as lightsourcing/shading of the polygons which makes it look cool.