IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

I'll take that, Lorenzo Music is pretty awesome. :)

I love the irony of how he did the Garfield cartoon voice and also did the Bill Murray voice in the Ghostbusters cartoon, then Bill Murray did the Garfield voice in the movies. AND LINCOLN HAD A SECRETARY NAMED KENNEDY AND KENNEDY HAD A SECRETARY NAMED LINCOLN OMGWTFFBBQ

post-12390-0-94909400-1413943120_thumb.png

• Like 3

I'll take that, Lorenzo Music is pretty awesome. :)

I love the irony of how he did the Garfield cartoon voice and also did the Bill Murray voice in the Ghostbusters cartoon, then Bill Murray did the Garfield voice in the movies. AND LINCOLN HAD A SECRETARY NAMED KENNEDY AND KENNEDY HAD A SECRETARY NAMED LINCOLN OMGWTFFBBQ

Lincoln was born in a log cabin. Kennedy once spilled Log Cabin syrup in the back of his father's Lincoln...

• Like 3

re: SoulBalzer's email to the No Quarter guys- Mike & Carrington voiced my thoughts near-perfectly. Time, financial concerns, & personal taste all affect gaming. I DONT owe it to myself to try modern gaming- I already know there's nothing I like about it.

Aditionally, I had a chance to look thru the recent Game Informer issue...& it took me only about 45 seconds. I saw absolutely nothing in it that raised my interest in the least.

Coast 2 Coast pinball just mentioned "Final Fantasy". A pinball podcast....

It's official: EVERY podcast I have ever listened to has somehow, somewhere in some way namedropped FF.

Well when we did it (in jest), it was just for you, S. Didn't want to break your streak.

• Like 1

Well when we did it (in jest), it was just for you, S. Didn't want to break your streak.

Ferg just randomly said it...on my podcast in one episode. Perfect sabotage from the person you least expect. An inside job! Not even my own 'cast is safe.

• Like 2

http://www.nowyoureplayingwith.com/episode-43-now-youre-playing-with-intellivisionaires-featuring-keith-robinson-with-a-cameo-from-socalmike/

I am truly sorry for the delay. One of the mics was off or dead or broken or something, and I simply put off the work required to make it listenable.

So Episode 43, NYPWP meets the Intellivisionaires, with special guest star Keith Robinson, and featured player SoCal Mike from Retro Gaming Roundup.

• Like 3

I am truly sorry for the delay. One of the mics was off or dead or broken or something, and I simply put off the work required to make it listenable.

So Episode 43, NYPWP meets the Intellivisionaires, with special guest star Keith Robinson, and featured player SoCal Mike from Retro Gaming Roundup.

Blame me for that, Chris...

It was recorded in our booth (The Intellivisionaries), and I had 4 mics hooked up to my portable mixer. All mics checked out with good levels at sound check, but one cut out after recording began. And with all audio coming into the same mixer, recording on one mono track, I didn't realize that one mic wasn't working. And I didn't check the recording after we were done. It was break-down / clean up / get out time at the expo.

We had the same problem when we used that mic in the hotel room to record episode 13 of The Intellivisionaries. Rick's audio was really only picked up by the other two mics in the room. So I had lots of fun editing that!

[emoji45]

I brought 2 XLR mics with me, and so did Rick. The mic that was dead for our group recording was one of Rick's. I believe that same mic is the one that had trouble for the booth recording. It may have also been the cable (some were mine, some were Rick's).

I took a look at the audio, Chris, but didn't have a great deal of luck cleaning things up with compression alone. And I didn't have time to go through the entire session and manually bring up the lower levels, which is what I assume you ended up having to do.

Anyway, thanks for the hard work. Looking forward to hearing the finished session.

Have to give major kudos to Willie for the Transformers bumper that he did for Ferg in this new episode of 2600 Game By Game podcast. :-D

I was laughing so much at that my co-workers asked me what the hell was going on. :lol:

Thanks Soulblazer :), Ferg is awesome, so I like to try and do cool things for him! He recently raised 500 dollars during the Extra Life Marathon where both of us gabbed and played games via Google Hangouts. Rick from the Intellivisionaries was there to, it was a blast! I made it the whole 24 hours, then procceded to sleep for 10 after that.

• Like 3

Yes, I know, I had the feed on all day long on Sat and commented on it. I used my real name of Gregory for a temp profile there and I was the guy who said I loved Star Control. :)

Both of you did a great job with the 24 hours of game play but you even one-up'd Ferg by not taking a sleeping break. :P

• Like 2

So the new No Quarter is out. I usually wait to listen to it at work on Monday, but I'm also usually in bed by now. :) So I just listened to the feedback, and wasn't surprised to find that both my proposal about classic arcade games on modern systems and my thoughts on classic vs modern games got shot down by the majority of the people. I expected that. :P I did get some support through e-mail and private messages, so I'm cool with that. As my sig says, I just love all games. :-D

At least I got this week's game correct in the guess I sent them -- I got one right finally! :-o

• Like 1

Thanks Soulblazer :), Ferg is awesome, so I like to try and do cool things for him! He recently raised 500 dollars during the Extra Life Marathon where both of us gabbed and played games via Google Hangouts. Rick from the Intellivisionaries was there to, it was a blast! I made it the whole 24 hours, then procceded to sleep for 10 after that.

I wasn't able to commit to a 24-hour period of gaming, so I just jumped in when I could. Maybe next time one of these gaming marathons comes up I can make more time. This year is crazy busy (maybe I shouldn't be trying to keep 3 podcasts going at once!).

But I agree - it was a blast!

• Like 1

I was one of the watchers of the marathon. Couldn't get it to stream on Chromecast, but it played just perfect on my tablet without any hiccup. So I took the tablet anywhere in my house I was working on things with.

Fergman(Pac Man 2600 hack) was funny.

There were quite a few obscure console games I never seen before that I did not know exist. Including "Wildlife!" for the Odyssey 2. I came back after my bonfire gathering, and it was over. aww.

So right now I'm listening to the following classic gaming podcasts. Anyone suggest any more?

RGR

Intelivisionaries

Colecovision Podcast

2600 Game by Game

Retro Reviews

You Don't Know Flak

No Quarter

Channel F Podcast

Retro Obsecura

2 Dudes and a NES

Now You're Playing With Podcast

Implant Games

Also, I FINALLY found a good modern game podcast -- Boss Wave. They put out a podcast once a week, and it's three older (and therefore) mature guys (in their 30's) so that helps a lot. Plus one of them is British, which adds a amount of respect to ANY podcast. ;) They talk about current gaming issues and news, projects on Kickstarter and new games on Steam, what they are currently playing, and other topics related to modern gaming. Their site can be found at: http://bosswave.net/

Still haven't found a regular podcast covering SNES and C64 games. Some episodes dedicated to them, but not a dedicated one. Anything out there?

I'm still tossing around the idea of doing my own podcast, and if there isn't a good SNES or C64 one I may take up that mantle. :)

So right now I'm listening to the following classic gaming podcasts. Anyone suggest any more?

RGR

Intelivisionaries

Colecovision Podcast

2600 Game by Game

Retro Reviews

You Don't Know Flak

No Quarter

Channel F Podcast

Retro Obsecura

2 Dudes and a NES

Now You're Playing With Podcast

Implant Games

Wow that list looks a lot like mine! Darn near definitive IMO.

Player/Missile

ANTIC

Inverse ATASCII if you're an Atari computer fan

Retro League- a staple since the beginning, but I personally got bored with them

Arcade Outsiders- if you dont mind heavy swearing & mature, often offensive content. Somehow this one grew on me & I never miss it now. I cant explain it

Wow that list looks a lot like mine! Darn near definitive IMO.

Player/Missile

ANTIC

Inverse ATASCII if you're an Atari computer fan

Retro League- a staple since the beginning, but I personally got bored with them

Arcade Outsiders- if you dont mind heavy swearing & mature, often offensive content. Somehow this one grew on me & I never miss it now. I cant explain it

I forgot about Player/Missle and ANTIC! I have those also.

I also have the Retro Computing Roundtable and Floppy Days on my list.

Edited by SoulBlazer

Watch Out For Fireballs - Their definition of old is not the same as mine, but they have a lot of SNES content.

Retro State of Mind - some SNES stuff here too, lots of NES as well.

Sprite Castle - Rob O'Hara does this one too, he does one C64 game per episode. It started on YouTube and then became an audio podcast, but is not regular. The Youtube shows are great, not sure how into Youtube you are.

Ten Pence Arcade - I've heard this described by more than a few people as the British No Quarter.

Watch Out For Fireballs - Their definition of old is not the same as mine, but they have a lot of SNES content.

Retro State of Mind - some SNES stuff here too, lots of NES as well.

Sprite Castle - Rob O'Hara does this one too, he does one C64 game per episode. It started on YouTube and then became an audio podcast, but is not regular. The Youtube shows are great, not sure how into Youtube you are.

Ten Pence Arcade - I've heard this described by more than a few people as the British No Quarter.

I'll check out the first two, thanks Ferg. I know about Sprite Castle but the podcast hasn't been updated forever, and the voices are quite low on Ten Pence, meaning I can't listen at work on my sucky phone. :)

Some news I figured I should probably post here as to not (eventually) leave anyone hanging or wondering, I am officially retiring from the IMPLANTgames Podcast. I apologize to those who have stuck with it for so long, but I feel it is a necessary change for me. It is yet to be decided if Kris will continue it solo or hire another co-host to replace me, but either way I suggest keeping up with his website or follow his Facebook page (@IMPLANTgames) to keep updated about what the future plans are for the podcast. It's been three and a half years since we started doing this, and overall I'd say it's been a pretty good run. We have a few dedicated listeners (several even from AtariAge alone), and I'm glad to know we've allowed some of you an easier means to get through your work days. Other than that, I feel it's time for me to move on and try out new things. I hope you all understand, and once again, thanks for the support over these last several years. :thumbsup: