IGNORED

Ebay Air Raid

nofrills100

I'm sort of down on the R10 import thing. People love to call every other weird game they see overseas an R10. It makes rarity a useless denomination.

Air Raid is an R10. Video Life is an R10. Teddy Funny from Taiwan that we've only see once is not necessarily an R10. Try 'not enough data'. Air Raid is problematic because so many suspect it to be a pirate. ANYWAY. Let's make all homebrews R10s as well. After all, less than 200 were made. Perhaps in 20 year that will be justified at this rate. I still think it's silly.

I am an R10.

I just wonder why all of these "Brazilian" carts have only popped up in the US?????

I could be wrong and I don't know what country it is from but I don't think it is the USA. At first I thought so just based on the design of the blue t-bar cart with no known box and no name on the label. Some people poking around at the code have hinted it is largely based on another game which while not unheard of for a US game is quite common on the non-US "releases". These people who have examined the carts have also noted that it isn't 100% NTSC and while it isn't PAL it is closer to the releases below the US boarder. Many carts made elsewhere have found their way to the US because this after all was where a lot of the money was. US or not, it is a very rare game at this point so there aren't enough out there to say where it was made based just on where the 5 or 6 carts were found today.

I really think it all started at Digital Press. If they hadn't picked up this title as one of the few NTSC R10s in the early days of the guide then most US only collectors wouldn't know what it was or care at this point. Just imagine this unknown blue T-bar cart without a name on the label surfacing today and no one knew what it was. In a case like that I don't think it would ever make the rarity guide here or at DP (but Atarimania would find a place for it ;) ). Once something is put down in the history books, right or wrong it doesn't matter and it tends to stay there.

Has anyone found any company info? If this was a legit company that made and sold this game in the USA then there should be a paper trail somewhere,right? Copyrights, trademarks etc filed with the goverment agencies should still be trackable. Some have said it was a guy in his garage but then why such a strange cart design? If self made then I can just see 2 possibilities. Either he was either looking to make a quick buck and would have used a cheaper standard case or he was doing it as a labor of love, proud of his work and wanted it to stand out. If that was the case then why didn't he at least put a title on the cart? How much does it cost to produce a new case?

It could turn out to be a US game. There are oddities out there but to me the pieces just don't fit.

I'm sort of down on the R10 import thing. People love to call every other weird game they see overseas an R10. It makes rarity a useless denomination.

Air Raid is an R10. Video Life is an R10. Teddy Funny from Taiwan that we've only see once is not necessarily an R10. Try 'not enough data'. Air Raid is problematic because so many suspect it to be a pirate. ANYWAY. Let's make all homebrews R10s as well. After all, less than 200 were made. Perhaps in 20 year that will be justified at this rate. I still think it's silly.

I am an R10.

Very well spoken, Ian.

8)

I could be wrong and I don't know what country it is from but I don't think it is the USA. At first I thought so just based on the design of the blue t-bar cart with no known box and no name on the label. Some people poking around at the code have hinted it is largely based on another game which while not unheard of for a US game is quite common on the non-US "releases". These people who have examined the carts have also noted that it isn't 100% NTSC and while it isn't PAL it is closer to the releases below the US boarder. Many carts made elsewhere have found their way to the US because this after all was where a lot of the money was. US or not, it is a very rare game at this point so there aren't enough out there to say where it was made based just on where the 5 or 6 carts were found today.

I really think it all started at Digital Press. If they hadn't picked up this title as one of the few NTSC R10s in the early days of the guide then most US only collectors wouldn't know what it was or care at this point. Just imagine this unknown blue T-bar cart without a name on the label surfacing today and no one knew what it was. In a case like that I don't think it would ever make the rarity guide here or at DP (but Atarimania would find a place for it ;) ). Once something is put down in the history books, right or wrong it doesn't matter and it tends to stay there.

Has anyone found any company info? If this was a legit company that made and sold this game in the USA then there should be a paper trail somewhere,right? Copyrights, trademarks etc filed with the goverment agencies should still be trackable. Some have said it was a guy in his garage but then why such a strange cart design? If self made then I can just see 2 possibilities. Either he was either looking to make a quick buck and would have used a cheaper standard case or he was doing it as a labor of love, proud of his work and wanted it to stand out. If that was the case then why didn't he at least put a title on the cart? How much does it cost to produce a new case?

It could turn out to be a US game. There are oddities out there but to me the pieces just don't fit.

pretty much what i think .... i think it might have been a proto from the us that found it's way down to the south and has been released there ... just like the donald game that can be found on many braz carts although it wasnt released in the US ... in this case, they might have known that air raid wasn't released and tried to make it more special with the blue case ...

maybe M10 would be more suitable .... M standing for Mystery ... ;)