IGNORED

Auto RF problems

Zeptari

I moved my 5200 from my hdtv to my new Atari corner in the basment...

neat little set-up, I'll post pics sometime... anyways, now that it's moved

the picture is black and white OR lot's of white noise.. what can i do....

Is it the cable from my 4port 5200 giving me the problems or

the RF switch itself? any idea's guys?

-rick

i really love this system and really want to enjoy it the right way!

thanks

I moved my 5200 from my hdtv to my new Atari corner in the basment...

neat little set-up, I'll post pics sometime... anyways, now that it's moved

the picture is black and white OR lot's of white noise.. what can i do....

Is it the cable from my 4port 5200 giving me the problems or

the RF switch itself? any idea's guys?

-rick

i really love this system and really want to enjoy it the right way!

thanks

Loose cable somewhere most likely. Perhaps, interference from furnace where you wrapped the wire around before hooking to your TV...

ahhhh your funny! :)

I wish it was that simple....

I don't want to have to downgrade to a 2-port to get a decent picture.

I hear the 2-port's have better picture quality because the power supply doesn't go thru

the video cable.

i keep trying to get the cable in the right position so it says clear....

Edited by Zeptari1

Sounds like something "loose"

When I got my four port I had to bend the connectors on the cable going from the 5200 to the switch box because it was not a taut connection. Also, the coax connector on the switch box was FUBAR'd so I simply cut it off and put a new one on.

When I got my four port I had to bend the connectors on the cable going from the 5200 to the switch box because it was not a taut connection. Also, the coax connector on the switch box was FUBAR'd so I simply cut it off and put a new one on.

You bent the connectors? Arn't they hidden under the area where you can "hide" and wrap

the cable up. That hidden area. I'll have to check this out.

I know one thing, if I tried to replace the coax cable I'd make it FUBAR'd! :D

-rick

You bent the connectors? Arn't they hidden under the area where you can "hide" and wrap

-rick

The video cable from the 5200 that gets wound up underneath - there's an RCA type connector at the end of that cable that plugs into the switch box. My connector had the "tabs" flaring outward that I had to bend inward to get a taut connection to the switch box.

The coax connector on my was bad so it had to be replaced. I'm guessing that this is not a part that breaks easily and this may not be the case for you.

Lastly, have you adjusted the picture color using the knob that is on the motherboard?

-rick

The video cable from the 5200 that gets wound up underneath - there's an RCA type connector at the end of that cable that plugs into the switch box. My connector had the "tabs" flaring outward that I had to bend inward to get a taut connection to the switch box.

The coax connector on my was bad so it had to be replaced. I'm guessing that this is not a part that breaks easily and this may not be the case for you.

Lastly, have you adjusted the picture color using the knob that is on the motherboard?

on mine when i turn it on it works fine but when i turn it off it goes to the "FUZZ" till i tap the switchbox with a screwdriver handle

guess my internal relay is sticky

Color knob on the motherboard?

I didn't know the 5200 had knob's inside the unit.

-rick

Yeah - it's pretty dumb. I guess potentiometer may be the correct term. There's two of them - one sets the color and the other calibrates the controller. On the front right hand side.

Edited by rmaerz

Color knob on the motherboard?

I didn't know the 5200 had knob's inside the unit.

-rick

Yeah - it's pretty dumb. I guess potentiometer may be the correct term. There's two of them - one sets the color and the other calibrates the controller. On the front right hand side.

I didn't think that had anything to do with a fuzzy picture. I thought that POT adjusted the colors for GTIA. He may be screwing up other things if he fools around with that.

ahhhh your funny! :)

I wish it was that simple....

I don't want to have to downgrade to a 2-port to get a decent picture.

I hear the 2-port's have better picture quality because the power supply doesn't go thru

the video cable.

Haven't heard back from you. Did you get it working? I have a couple of RF switch boxes for 4-port A5200 if you want to get one quickly w/o waiting for some Ebay auction.

He PM'd me that he got it working.

"BTW pinching the end of the RF cable that goes into the switchbox and changing the channel to "2" on the bottom of the 5200 fixed my video problem!"

I'm not sure what "pinching the end of the RF cable" means but on mine I had to bend the tabs inward to get a taut connection to the switch box.