IGNORED

"Bomb Jake"

And a PAL TV? :)

I have just bought a MEOS DVDM133B 13" TV/DVD/PVR combo to use at future Atari meetings. These are available across Europe and come with both a UK (BS 546) and continental Europe grounded plug (the CEE 7/7 one that fits into both German and French standard wall sockets) through an external PSU (they need 12V DC, 5A) and with a car adaptor. Having a native resolution of 1280x800, this small TV displays my Atari ST's high resolution (via VGA input) much better than my previous LCD TV, plus it comes with SCART, S-Video, Composite, HMDI, etc. and even with an SD/MMC and USB connector. It also accepts NTSC S-Video and Composite, but I was unable to get any sound when connecting an NTSC 2600 to the RF input (it had no problems displaying the picture in colour, though, so I suspect it to be a firmware problem, as the info button shows me it detects NTSC correctly, but according to the letters it cycles though expects the sound at frequency offsets typical for PAL B/G, DK or I - and of course fails miserably).

Thorsten

• 2 weeks later...