IGNORED

a "what's that game" thread

scroathe

i originally posted this in the 8-bit forum, but then realized that i was asking about ST games rather than atari 130xe games. hopefully some of you can figure out what games these are.

#1: it was sorta like those point-and-click king's quest games. it seemed to take place in a chinese-like setting. you played a old man who had to go about the country-side picking up items and solving puzzles. one puzzle involved having to find a pair of tweezers to remove a thorn from a lion's paw (i think it was a lion).

#2: you scaled a building via stairs or elevator. there were doors on all the floors. you'd open them and something would happen... like there would be a man holding a boom box and he would say "yo!" or a little kid-like character would seem to be saying something like "hootnan! hootnan!"

#3: this was a lode-runner-like game where you would climb ladders and whatnot. you could even build your own levels. the opening screen was some guy talking (never could make out what he was saying) and there was something like an organ playing in the background. i don't recall there being a lot of color to this game. the character was this tiny, hunchy-looking guy that reminded me of a caveman.

anyone know these games?

#1: it was sorta like those point-and-click king's quest games. it seemed to take place in a chinese-like setting. you played a old man who had to go about the country-side picking up items and solving puzzles. one puzzle involved having to find a pair of tweezers to remove a thorn from a lion's paw (i think it was a lion).

That was called The Golden Path. Not sure about the other ones.

Edited by Ed Salisbury

#2: you scaled a building via stairs or elevator. there were doors on all the floors. you'd open them and something would happen... like there would be a man holding a boom box and he would say "yo!" or a little kid-like character would seem to be saying something like "hootnan! hootnan!"

"Mission Elevator" perhaps?

Or "Mata Hari"?

Edited by Klapauzius

#3: this was a lode-runner-like game where you would climb ladders and whatnot. you could even build your own levels. the opening screen was some guy talking (never could make out what he was saying) and there was something like an organ playing in the background. i don't recall there being a lot of color to this game. the character was this tiny, hunchy-looking guy that reminded me of a caveman.

If I had read your post more carefully, I had known sooner: ;)

This should be Wizard Royal

Yeah, quite fancy little game.