IGNORED

wait, did i just get a rollover?

Sleep

Hi there!

ive seen alot of threads about "rolling-over", is that when you get a high enough score that your score starts over? if so i just rolled over asteroids! if thats anything to brag about....

Which variant did you play? 1B? I can roll that too! :)

At the moment I'm trying to roll 4B for a challenge. Peaking at 30K at the moment. Once I rolled that, I'll go for 32B :D

Anyone else thinking that the "A" variants are just unfair?

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

Which variant did you play? 1B? I can roll that too! :) At the moment I'm trying to roll 4B for a challenge. Peaking at 30K at the moment. Once I rolled that, I'll go for 32B :D

Anyone else thinking that the "A" variants are just unfair?

What?! Are you kidding me? :? The "A" variants (where the game has UFO's) is pretty much the ONLY way to play Asteroids. How could you play Asteroids without the UFO's? Again, that's like playing Berzerk without Evil Otto! or Joust without the pterodactyl! You gotta play the complete game man! :D and in Asteroids, that means setting that switch to "A"! ;)

Incidentally, although less of a "must", you gotta play Asteroids on the EVEN number game variants.. otherwise the asteroids only travel up and down on the screen! (well that's no fun)... at least the even number variants give the smaller asteroids a little bit of an angle when they move. :)

I haven't clocked or "Rolled" any game since my Donky Kong game watch.

I got it new and i still have it and its still fun when you get double score and extra man at 300.

when Asteroids rolls dose it start over.

I wanna hear how many times in a row anyone has rolled it.

My limit on DK was about 3 or 4 times. :D

Hi there!

What?! Are you kidding me? :? The "A" variants (where the game has UFO's) is pretty much the ONLY way to play Asteroids. How could you play Asteroids without the UFO's?  Again, that's like playing Berzerk without Evil Otto! or Joust without the pterodactyl! You gotta play the complete game man! :D and in Asteroids, that means setting that switch to "A"! ;)

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting more fun out of the game in "B" mode - that is without constantly getting killed by an unavoidable ultra-fast shot in the back.

Well and since per chance I am the person that has to enjoy the games I play, I decided too prefer "B". Hope you can live with that :)

Billy the Kid would agree too, I'm sure :D

Greetings,

Manuel

"live with that"? :?

No need to be sarcastic there buddy ;)

YOU asked whether anyone thought variation A was "unfair" and I replied that for an arcade game like Asteroids, getting shot by that bastard sharpshooting tiny UFO was always a part of the game to deal with. Hey, I'm just telling it like it is. ;)

And although what I'm saying IS true (asteroids w/out ufo's is like berzerk w/out evil otto, joust w/out Pterry)... in the end, naturally we both KNOW you can play whatever the heck variation floats your boat. So whether it's a variation built into a game or a cheat acquired via a gameshark, it's all good brutha! :)

p.s. Billy the kid? :?

How about games in which the level/round rolls?

I rolled Defender's level counter once. It took about an hour. It went from 99 down to either zero or one; I don't remember exactly since it was a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately, unlike the arcade Pac-Man, nothing interesting happened. :)

Are there other games in which you can roll the level counter?