IGNORED

AtariProtos Update

Tempest

Tempest,

Is it a paddle or a joystick game?

Also, does it feature a demonstration mode at the startup?

Any chance the ROM will be released?

8)

1. Joystick, at least that's what I was using in the emulator. I need to test this on real hardware tonight via my Cuttle Cart.

2. I don't remember, I'll have to check. I didn't let it sit before playing.

3. Yes

Tempest

So you have the title as "Bouncing Baby Bunnies," but the title on-screen is "Bouncin'." I would think the on-screen title would be correct, not necessarily the title written on the proto. No?

Oops. I had fixed that but I guess I forgot to upload the new page. I'll do that when I get home. Yes the correct title is Bouncin' (or so I believe).

Tempest

Nice review! You may want to remove the rumor mill entry now ;)

So you have the title as "Bouncing Baby Bunnies," but the title on-screen is "Bouncin'." I would think the on-screen title would be correct, not necessarily the title written on the proto. No?

Oops. I had fixed that but I guess I forgot to upload the new page. I'll do that when I get home. Yes the correct title is Bouncin' (or so I believe).

Tempest

I would probably go with what is on the title screen (as opposed to what is written on the cartridge).

Great work as always Tempest!!!!

BTW, I am holding an artwork contest for the game......hope some of you participate... :)

LINK: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/153617-artwork-contest-atari-2600-ntsc-bouncing-baby-bunnies/page__pid__1880342__st__0entry1880342

Thanks and good luck!!! :)

Tempest...there's been a lot of stuff that piled up in your absence...

Such as? The only outstanding thing I have to add to my site is Impossible Mission for the 7800 and I'm dreading that because I absolutely SUCK at the game.

Tempest

Did you see the God mode hack that Art posted for 7800 IM?

I think there were a few more 7800 protos that were slightly different than the final version that I sent you.

Hmm, and I don't think you ever got to the XE Tower Toppler alt version for which Curt posted the sources. ;)

Mitch

Tempest,

8)

1. Joystick, at least that's what I was using in the emulator. I need to test this on real hardware tonight via my Cuttle Cart.

3. Yes

Tempest

Tempest,

Did you double check 1 & 2?

8)

Such as? The only outstanding thing I have to add to my site is Impossible Mission for the 7800 and I'm dreading that because I absolutely SUCK at the game.

Tempest

I think there were a few more 7800 protos that were slightly different than the final version that I sent you.

Hmm, and I don't think you ever got to the XE Tower Toppler alt version for which Curt posted the sources. ;)

Mitch

Yeah, I might have to use that. Still, IM is a complex game and it will take time.

Actually now that you mention it there were some 7800 games that I forgot to do. They were either final versions or slight differences IIRC. I'll get around to them eventually, but I've been so busy lately.

New version of Tower Toppler? I missed that. Got a link?

Tempest,

8)

3. Yes

Tempest

Tempest,

8)

No, I haven't had the time. I'll do that this weekend I promise.

Tempest

There is also a new version of Ms. Pac-Man:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/146427-ms-pac-man-wip/

If you want to review it, I can scan it for you :)

Yeah I can add it to the site, but it doesn't look like there's much difference:

After taking byte-shifting into account...there's really only about 160 bytes that differ (and most of those appear to be garbage values that are never used). Notable differences are the bit masks (for flicker?) right at the top, and some extra code (bugfixes?) in the final that's not part of the WIP...at $F143 & $F58F.

Sounds like you don't really see any differences since it's all behind the scenes.

Tempest

There is also a new version of Ms. Pac-Man:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/146427-ms-pac-man-wip/

If you want to review it, I can scan it for you :)

Yeah I can add it to the site, but it doesn't look like there's much difference:

After taking byte-shifting into account...there's really only about 160 bytes that differ (and most of those appear to be garbage values that are never used). Notable differences are the bit masks (for flicker?) right at the top, and some extra code (bugfixes?) in the final that's not part of the WIP...at $F143 & $F58F.

Sounds like you don't really see any differences since it's all behind the scenes.

Tempest

I think the only visual difference is that Ms. Pac Man takes a slightly different path in the attract mode.

Mitch

Yeah, I might have to use that. Still, IM is a complex game and it will take time.

Actually now that you mention it there were some 7800 games that I forgot to do. They were either final versions or slight differences IIRC. I'll get around to them eventually, but I've been so busy lately.

Tempest

Yeah, I know you were getting married so you are forgiven. :P

Tower Toppler thread link. :)

Mitch

Tempest

Mitch

Tempest,

8)

3. Yes

Tempest

Tempest,

8)

Tempest

Ok checked this out this weekend.

1. Joystick

2. No demo mode that I saw

Tempest

Tempest

Mitch

Tempest,

8)

3. Yes

Tempest

Tempest,

8)

Tempest

Ok checked this out this weekend.

1. Joystick

2. No demo mode that I saw

Tempest

Thanks.

8)