IGNORED

Component Video mod for ColecoVision

5-11under

Yes, it's still alive. I'm hoping to get started on these in about two weeks, after finishing a couple of other short term projects.

Best news I've heard all month. I actually picked up a second CV just to do a clean mod for this (have a semi-hack job Composite Vid mod on my original one)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 10 ready to be mailed out. I have a waiting list, but it's so old, I'm just going to offer these on a first-come first-serve basis. If I need to make more in the future for people who've requested one in the past, but don't see this right away, I'll do so.

The price for this batch is $55 US each, including mailing to anywhere in USA or Canada. It's $58 elsewhere. It also includes the program for testing colours (in PCB format... if you want a casing, you'll have to sacrifice a Donkey Kong or other common cartridge casing). If you'd like one, please send me a PM. I'd prefer quantities of one at this point, but that depends on how many people are interested.

I've sold one or two to PAL-land, but I haven't heard any response as to whether it worked or not. It should, but this has not been verified. Buyer beware, I guess.

• Like 2

Is the program for testing colors public domain or is it an exclusive program that was developed for the Component video mod project?

Could one purchase the component video modification without the printed circuit board cartridge? Many people own an AtariMax Flash cartridge for the ColecoVision that allows them to run public domain cartridge rom images if the rom image is made available online.

If I purchased the component video modification I would be interested in running the program that tests colors from one of the Atarimax flash cartridges.

Edited by HDTV1080P

Is the program for testing colors public domain or is it an exclusive program that was developed for the Component video mod project?

Could one purchase the component video modification without the printed circuit board cartridge? Many people own an AtariMax Flash cartridge for the ColecoVision that allows them to run public domain cartridge rom images if the rom image is made available online.

If I purchased the component video modification I would be interested in running the program that tests colors from one of the Atarimax flash cartridges.

The program is not public domain, but it is readily downloadable. I'll find the source in a few minutes... .

Quick question about modding a PAL machine, are there any instructions on how to do it.

This guy on eBay sells composite mods, and the instruction for PAL and NTSC are slightly different,

for example with a PAL machine you need to remove resistor R140.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.nl%2Fitm%2FColecoVision-A-V-Composite-Video-Mod-Kit-NTSC-PAL-DIY-%2F181061180246%3Fpt%3DLH_DefaultDomain_0%26var%3D%26hash%3Ditem6fced2dad3%23ht_1917wt_935

Please let me know.

Quick question about modding a PAL machine, are there any instructions on how to do it.

This guy on eBay sells composite mods, and the instruction for PAL and NTSC are slightly different,

for example with a PAL machine you need to remove resistor R140.

http://rover.ebay.co...3#ht_1917wt_935

Please let me know.

I've never seen a PAL machine, but like the NTSC mod, you'd want to isolate the 3 video outputs from the VDP from the existing circuitry.

Edit: no, there are no instructions for PAL.

Edited by 5-11under

Ewok, I just responded to your PM.

If all the pending orders go through, then I think I'm sold out at the moment. If we've been sending PMs over the last couple of days, your intent to order is still good.

san-d, I glanced at the pdf you sent a link to, but this is a component video mod, and has nothing to do with the composite/RF circuitry. In the NTSC instructions for the component mod, removing a few resistors/jumpers takes care of isolating the 3 video output pins of the VDP from the rest of the circuitry. This is done to increase clarity of the display. If you're trying to connect this mod to a PAL CV, you'll likely have to do the same isolating. Pins 38, 36, and 35 of the VDP should ideally connect directly and only to the red, green, and blue wires on the component mod PCB.