IGNORED

4jays.net

Zeptari

Has anyone bought a 4jays.net rebuilt controller....

http://4jays.net/store//page75.html

I need details! Before I drop $40!

Do they do an awesome job or what?

All 3 of my 5200 controllers are screwed up!!!!

Anyways....

I already took them apart fixed one, but only temporally.

I'd rather not install the flex circuits myself.

I want the new Gold one from 4jays..... I'll gladly pay $40 for

a perfect 5200 controller from a dealer.

Any details you give me would be helpful..

-rick

Berzerk and Defender are screaming for me to come and play! :D

Edited by Zeptari1

4Jays are good people, but you might want to check with Best Electronics first. You can trade in your old controllers for credit and/or build your own mint Gold controller from Brad's parts. 4Jays is simply refurbishing controllers from parts they've bought from Bradley at Best...

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/5200.htm

Edited by save2600

4Jays are good people, but you might want to check with Best Electronics first. You can trade in your old controllers for credit and/or build your own mint Gold controller from Brad's parts. 4Jays is simply refurbishing controllers from parts they've bought from Bradley at Best...

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/5200.htm

So basically 4jays will be doing the labor for me. I'm fine with that.

I took apart a 5200 controller a few months ago, it was UGLY!. Not the

inside of the controller.. I'm talking about my skills, or lack of

when it comes to taking apart 5200 controllers and putting them back together....

I stink! :D

I just want to send out my bad controller and get it rebuilt with the new

gold parts and sent back to me.....

-rick

Yeah, you can trade them in for credit, but it's hardly worth the effort. The last I saw, they each gave $5 each for a good but non-working controller. So, $10, but it will cost a good chunk of that to ship them to them. So you're basically giving them away. I'd just buy the rebuilt controllers outright, then keep the bad ones to rebuild sometime. It's really not as hard as it looks. I bought two, then partially rebuilt the two I had. Anyway, either 4jays or Best is fine, I think their prices are similar. Highly recommend the gold ones... for a little extra, don't skimp, get the gold, they will last.

Highly recommend the gold ones... for a little extra, don't skimp, get the gold, they will last.

Didn't you hear -- Best is selling all their 5200 gold controller parts for scrap!

:P

Whet reputable source did this news come from? I bought flex circuits and pots from Best a couple months back and nothing was mentioned.

Highly recommend the gold ones... for a little extra, don't skimp, get the gold, they will last.

Didn't you hear -- Best is selling all their 5200 gold controller parts for scrap!

Whet reputable source did this news come from? I bought flex circuits and pots from Best a couple months back and nothing was mentioned.

It's in all of them -- the Enquirer, the Star, People Magazine, US Weekly. All the reputable sources are talking about this. Even Geraldo Rivera!

It's in all of them -- the Enquirer, the Star, People Magazine, US Weekly. All the reputable sources are talking about this. Even Geraldo Rivera!

I think this is related to the other thread where a whole bunch of 2600 carts were sent to the fire for the gold.

Or maybe it is just a sarcastic rumor based on this thread: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/152849-holy-f%23-super-massive-lot-need-advice/

(Still laughing about the melting down "breaking news").

I have bought four Best Electronics gold contact joysticks. I love them and have been using them for about 2 years now without issue. It is worth the money.

The previous comment about sending them trade-ins is right. 1) It costs about that much to mail them anyway and 2) Much to my irkness, they don't send you back your joysticks but ones they already have done. This isn't such a big deal except the ones I sent were in mint condition and what I got back (one in particular) was not. But they are VERY fast turning around orders.

Yeah, I got my Best sticks in a couple days tops. And though I don't at all regret getting the Best sticks pre-built, they really aren't that hard to work on if you follow the instructions on the Best site. The reason I still think it's a good value to just buy them done though is because if you figure up the cost of buying all the parts, he's doing the work for hardly anything... save yourself the time, spend a few more bucks and have no worries.

[serious mode]

Yup, I agree -- buy 'em pre-built. That's what I did as well (straight from Best). I used them all last winter, and then let 'em sit all spring & summer. I just played a few games last weekend, and those sticks are still working great.