IGNORED

Cannon Fodder - JAGUAR HSC - December '09 - The DvD _ 2769 - 203

kevincal

This will be the final game contested in 2009. :) I'm starting this one a little early, just because. I'm not very familiar with the game. Best method of play for competing?

Home 2769 - 203 Away _ The DvD

Home 251 - 18 Away _ RoadRunner

Edited by kevincal

Well I know I haven't been participating in HSC for very long (and I wish I had bothered to take a crack at it much sooner as I am really enjoying it) but I do have an opinion on this. Since you are going to make the competitions shorter for all of next year I think you should finish the year out with the Cannon Fodder rules being simply the highest score you can get (saves allowed?) as you did in the Bubsy contest. Since it will be changed for next year I think it would be nice to do one last "full game" contest and starting it early means people have more time to spend with it. I'm glad this game was chosen. It is an awesome game (which I voted for) and I hope a lot of people will play and enjoy this great game.

Well I know I haven't been participating in HSC for very long (and I wish I had bothered to take a crack at it much sooner as I am really enjoying it) but I do have an opinion on this. Since you are going to make the competitions shorter for all of next year I think you should finish the year out with the Cannon Fodder rules being simply the highest score you can get (saves allowed?) as you did in the Bubsy contest. Since it will be changed for next year I think it would be nice to do one last "full game" contest and starting it early means people have more time to spend with it. I'm glad this game was chosen. It is an awesome game (which I voted for) and I hope a lot of people will play and enjoy this great game.

Sounds great to me. :) I realize some of you may be put off by the shortened competitions next year. BUT, I think part of the problem is new people are discouraged when they see these huge scores from people playing for hours upon hours. ;) By narrowing the time allowed to contest the game, it evens the playing field a lot. Hopefully it will work as I envision it. :) First I have to convince people to come and compete next year. I'm hoping to get atleast 10-15 regulars competing at each game in 2010. This year it was more like 5-10 competitors on each game at best. Not bad, but the more the merrier I think. ;)

First I have to convince people to come and compete next year. I'm hoping to get atleast 10-15 regulars competing at each game in 2010. This year it was more like 5-10 competitors on each game at best. Not bad, but the more the merrier I think. ;)

Anyone have a Jaguar they wanna send me! I'd be happy to compete. :D

I still have a deal for a Jag I'm working on. I called the guy... He'd moving like a snail..

Says it's boxed up here some where... OH and the games are in a different location. :(

So it might not be until next year when i get a jag.... I'm hoping to get between 7 and 10

games with it... i wonder what a fair price would be.

sorry for all the rambling... :D

-rick

on with the games!

First I have to convince people to come and compete next year. I'm hoping to get atleast 10-15 regulars competing at each game in 2010. This year it was more like 5-10 competitors on each game at best. Not bad, but the more the merrier I think. ;)

I still have a deal for a Jag I'm working on. I called the guy... He'd moving like a snail..

Says it's boxed up here some where... OH and the games are in a different location. :(

So it might not be until next year when i get a jag.... I'm hoping to get between 7 and 10

-rick

on with the games!

Keep an eye on Craigslist, ebay and video game marketplaces. :) I hope you get one for a good price. And I hope to see you compete in some Jaguar games in 2010! ;)

PS - As for prices. A fair price for a Jag is about $30-40 total. A fair price for the common games is $5-10 each total.

Someone on cheapassgamer picked up all this for $5! at a yard sale!

Atari Jaguar system w/2 controllers, AC adapter, RF Unit, and the following games:

Raiden

Cybermorph

Alien vs. Predator

NBA Jam, $5 for all

Can you believe that!!!!

I wish i was that lucky... :sad:

here's the link with a picture... you have to scroll down a bit.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209929&page=50

-rick

-rick

on with the games!

I got one Ill sell ya. It comes with a nes tv hookup 2 controllers Tempest and cybermorph. Make a good offer :)

• 4 weeks later...

It was my intention to get a score up by tonight but I guess this was a bad month for the HSC. The month was incredibly busy for me and I imagine everyone else had similar reasons for why they couldn't get to their Jag. Anyway, hopefully next year will be an eventful and fun year for HSC. BTW, this game starts to get pretty tough around mission 5. That was where I really kept getting held up.