IGNORED

A Closer Look at Wii Fit

gamerz

...Getting back to the reason this thread exists, what are your opinions on the Wii Fit channel? Is it worth completely reorganizing all my VC purchases so that I can clear enough blocks in the system memory? The sucker takes up 100+ blocks, so if I'm going to use it, this better be good.

It just allows you to do basic tests and see stats without putting the game disc in. It's no big deal. You should also consider utilizing SD card storage to free up some space.

Edited by Bill_Loguidice

...Getting back to the reason this thread exists, what are your opinions on the Wii Fit channel? Is it worth completely reorganizing all my VC purchases so that I can clear enough blocks in the system memory? The sucker takes up 100+ blocks, so if I'm going to use it, this better be good.

It just allows you to do basic tests and see stats without putting the game disc in. It's no big deal. You should also consider utilizing SD card storage to free up some space.

I have been using SD storage, but most of my stuff is still on system memory. It's not that I don't have the space, it just gets tedious to transfer all those teeny files to make room for one big one.

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of getting Wii Fit Plus. Is this game basically an expansion for Wii Fit, in that it transfers all your personal data from your existing player profile? Or, is it essentially a new game, with you starting from scratch, with no way of exporting your fitness data back into Wii Fit?

I'm thinking of getting Wii Fit Plus. Is this game basically an expansion for Wii Fit, in that it transfers all your personal data from your existing player profile? Or, is it essentially a new game, with you starting from scratch, with no way of exporting your fitness data back into Wii Fit?

It's a 1:1 replacement, so it uses all of the original data. There are some additional tests/measures, though.

We got Wii Fit Plus and it was worth it. The activities are a bit more Game-like, which was nice for me. There are a few disappointments, like how you still can't design a custom workout that includes any activity you want (only some activities are available to be put together) and the custom workout still has too much time between activities (doesn't get the heart going as well as it could). It's a lot more fun, though! I especially like the obstacle course, which is a bit like a virtual-reality super mario galaxy (not nearly as awesome, but something like it).

And wait a second... why are we trusting Stanjr. with our fitness product reviews in the first place? Sure he's honest and nice, but he's the eater of pizza and taker of naps!