IGNORED

Season 2 7800 HSC Round 7 *Donkey Kong*

darthkur

1181242103207.jpg

s_DonkeyKong_2.png

You are Mario, the fearless carpenter, and that big gorilla, Donkey Kong has run off with your girlfriend, Pauline. It's up to you to struggle up those ladders and balance on those beams to rescue your lady fair. She's held captive at the very top. But Donkey Kong is not ready to give her up so easily. He's tossing barrels at you at every turn. It's up to you to outmaneuver that wily ape. Good luck, your lady awaits.

Emulators are fine as is whatever controller you feel the most comfortable with. Screenshots are great

but not mandatory. Please do not use any cheat/hack options. These include auto-fire, unlimited lives,

invincibility, etc.

Settings: Standard (Default)

Contest ends on: 12-7-09 at 1:00am EST.

Final High Scores:

1st: atomickneedrop - 91,000 +11

2nd: darthkur - 89,600 +10

3rd: aftermac - 71,400 +9

4th: roadrunner - 50,400 +8

5th: thursday83 - 48,700 +7

6th: segasaturn - 36,000 +6

Current Standings:

1st: darthkur (51) (2)

2nd: roadrunner (47) (1)

3rd: atomickneedrop (42) (1)

4th: aftermac (35) (1)

5th: xZanU (30)

6th: Armonigann (29)

7th: thursday83 (27)

8th: segasaturn (25) (1)

9th: gdement (22)

10th: Atarifever (10)

10th: Shannon (10)

11th: shadow460 (9)

12th: Atardi (7)

13th: Sauron (5)

14th: mimo (1)

Numbers in RED are accumulated points. Numbers in BLUE are number of rounds won.

Link to the official manual: Donkey Kong Manual

Edited by darthkur

I wonder if Billy or Steve from "King Of Kong" have ever played this version. If not we should challenge them.

I would wager they both have played every port of DK there is when considering the level of their obsession with the game.

for me, the second screen poses the biggest challenge, with the springy-thing near DK. thats usually what does me in.

on the 3rd screen, i just utilize both hammers on the later levels.

Yeah, the springy things are definitely the hardest on the second level. Sometimes I would get stuck on the ladders, so I started pushing "up" just a bit longer than you think you need to, and that seemed to work.