IGNORED

A good resource for orig 5200 manuals/overlays anybody?

landsmarra

As mentioned in another thread, I have a menu-driven 5200 multicart and love it.

I have been trying to obtain instruction manuals and overlays for as many games as I can.

Anyone have a good source? 4Jays is kinda high at $3 a manual.

I exhausted my cheap source but still need more.

Thanks all.

For overlays, if you have photoshop 5.5 or higher, take screen shots of the overlays on this site. Play with the resolution on the overlays that are under 300 DPI. Save them as PDF files and scale to proper size. Print each one on glossy photo paper and back with card-stock. Cut each out with an exacto knife. This worked very well for me. If you want originals, 4Jays is your best bet.

For manuals, if you want the originals, you'll have to spend some money. If you want text copies, go to www.atarihq.com and select Atari 5200 supersystem. They have a section for manuals there. They are in text format. The manuals are present for most of the games.

As mentioned in another thread, I have a menu-driven 5200 multicart and love it...

I think we are in the same boat. I have checked EVERYWHERE!

All I can say is go to thift stores and keep your eye on Ebay. Also, talk to your fellow Atari Age members and see if they want to sell duplicates. People that have been collecting for a while may have accumulated a lot that are not needed.

Don't forget, the scans provided on AtariAge are very good if you are in a pinch. A printed out one or two with my HP Officejet and they look fine.

- VD