IGNORED

Another NIB !

CPUWIZ

NIB does not necessarily mean it hasn't been opened. It means it is new in the box. Unopened or sealed means that the contents have not been touched by human hands. I have a brand new 7800 Hat Trick that is NIB. For some reason this thing is not shrinkwrapped and it has an overhang flap box, not one of the ones with the little tabs that are glued shut. I will be putting this on tomorrow along with another 30+ NIB, CIB, and SEALED games for the Intellivision, 2600, 7800, CV, and a couple of other systems. I just got done scanning them all. I'm working on the loose carts next. :)

Phil

I'm not understanding the New In Box term then, because if you open a package isn't it instantly used. this would then mean the acronym goes from NIB to UIB or sold with with original packaging, anything but not including the term new since it isn't exactly new.(well these games haven't really been new for quite a while.) If for some reason it was used just once then it sure as heck ain't "new" since it has been "used" once.I thought that was the general idea. how do you prove to me you haven't deflowered the cart by sticking it in your system for one quick play. the only way you could even start to prove "new" is by selling sealed boxes, and even they are questionable.

New in box could mean the shrinkwrap came off. New depends on the seller, but if the game is immaculate, even if it's been used once, then it is still considered new. If it shows a little wear, and I mean little wear, then I usually term it Like New. But the point of the whole thing is the search of NIB and attracting people to your auction. You'll get them to look and that's the point. Of course, if your game looks like shit and not NIB or doesn't even have the box like this instant, then you'll get flamed.

Phil