IGNORED

Atari++ 1.58 Ready

thorfdbg

Hi folks,

please find a new release of the atari++ emulator on its usual web page:

http://www.xl-project.com/

The 1.58 release is mainly a bug-fix release; what is probably new is that the CPU emulation is now correct in all cases in

emulating the 6502 read-modify-write instructions. These instructions first write the old value back before writing the updated

value. This was only emulated for some instructions before, but is now emulated for all instructions.

There are still a couple of points for the next release on my agenda. First of all, "dummy reads" of the 6502 are not yet

emulated, and second I'm still not happy with how the preference editor handles invalid input. We'll see.

So long,

Thomas

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Just thought I'd throw this out there: JAC's Silly Things demo doesn't work correctly in v1.58( c ). When the demo starts going, the "SILLY THINGS" line doubles in size, and the colored letters (the "S" and "T") are a solid color instead of being shaded. Also, when the demo gets to the picture section, the screen is filled with garbage characters.

This is on Linux, with all the PAL options selected from an otherwise stock run.

BTW, Thomas, is there any chance that you could incorporate Blargg's NTSC filter in Atari++ in the future? When I saw it in Atari800 1.2.0 I could've sworn I was looking at my good 'ol 19" color TV... Made me shed a tear, it did. ;)